Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning victoria victoria victoria  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on February 24, 2006
This blend of style and content is a real feast for the soul. Fans of the group's traditional South African vocals will like the selections that feature the blended voices and beat of their past recordings, and will be intrigued by the mix of the stylings of some new friends -- well known American, Canadian and European artists. No cultural imperialism here...the foreigners bend their music to match that of Africa. The results are generally a treat. I found myself playing and replaying the CD when it first arrived. The layered texture of each individual song, and the similarly layered context of the entire song list, makes repeat listening not only a joy but a necessity. One final kudo: not only are the songs wonderful, the production is dynamic, without overpowering the voices of the artists. This is an absolute treasure.
on January 5, 2015
Just "middle of the road" experience . Some songs were better than others . Have heard the Niel Simon edition of a song or two in the eighties . . It is a matter of taste and
Each person would have to experience it themselves . . .
on September 7, 2012
I had the CD for this and lost it. That made me crazy, so I downloaded the album from Amazon. I'm not much of a musicologist, but I know that I like good harmony, meaningful lyrics and great melodies. This album has all of the above. Additionally, it gives the listener insight into the thoughts and hopes of people from another culture.
I definitely recommend this album. Heck, I definitely recommend this group.
on February 5, 2013
I had seen Paul Simon's interview and show on his album "Graceland" on PBS. And I saw the group called Ladysmith Black Mambazo. I was absolutely in love with "Graceland" and after hearing this group on that tv show, I wanted to hear more. I merely picked a few titles. I'm glad I got them. Beautiful harmony and acapella.
on January 3, 2014
This was great shipping. The music is fantastic, very different from what we're used to but absolutely beautiful. We have several generations in our household and all of us love it.
on September 21, 2013
This was an excellent album. The collaboration with Paul Simon was an exhilerating meld of new and old harmony. I could listen to the harmonizing for hours on end. Will definitely use this seller again.
on February 24, 2006
Ladysmith is a wonderful group. Their songs are poignant and upbeat. I enjoy African music and this is the best of the best.
on April 10, 2013
A very different music. Done quite well and also very enjoyable. This is a great CD if you like great sounding music.
on December 26, 2007
Nice variety of songs while still keeping with that "special sound" that no ones does better!
on December 21, 2015
My husband was thrilled with the CD!