Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 7, 2012
I was fortunate to win the three novellas in this series in a giveaway the author had on her blog; they're the first contemporary baseball romances I've read. Since they are novellas, the stories move right along. I like the variety of relationships that get focus: m/f, m/m, m/f/m. I got a bit confused in the third book when a player I thought had been fired in the second one appeared to be still on the team, but could be I missed something since I was distracted by the other action. I'm glad I had all three, as I think reading just one wouldn't satisfy—I certainly wished they were longer, that we'd gotten to know more about the characters and see more of their amorous activities.
on January 16, 2014
After reading The Boss and The Girlfriend by Abigail I was expecting a little more to be honest. Can't say I hated it but it was as if the writer had matured and became more talented as her career went on. I think this book was a much earlier novel than those book. Always give Abigail stuff a read.
on April 14, 2012
Where was the rest of the book??? (Spoiler Warning)

First up, I have to say I would have given this a higher star rating if the book didn't end so abruptly leaving me feel like I only got half of it. We have our hero (Chris) and heroine (Maggie). Maggie inherited a baseball team from her father. She was raised in the sport and surprise, surprise had a monster crush on our hero as a teen which everyone knew about, including Chris.

Maggie has been away from baseball life building her own successful multi-million dollar company. She now has a baseball team to deal with (whilst her father was alive her brother was involved with the team) and everybody is expecting her to fail because women and baseball don't mix (hello stereotype). Personally, I don't get how a woman who can start and build a hugely successful company can be viewed as such, but she is. Maggie meets Chris again, sparks fly and they get involved. But Maggie is worried this involvement will reflect badly on her and she keeps sending mixed signals to Chris.

Chris is the 'old man' of the team, in his last season and thinks a relationship with Maggie could be a forever one. He's trying to plan his future, post baseball whilst battling her mixed messages.

When we end then book, we have a bad guy ready for a fall, a journalist in the H/h corner and our H/h ready to unite and face the world, BUT we get an ending. We should have got more book showing these two succeeding in their relationship, beating the bad guy and coming out on top and to the world as a couple. But we don't.

Up until the abrupt end I thoroughly enjoyed the book, but the ending left me with whiplash and a WTH feeling. I believe this is the first book in a series and I will likely check out the second but I will be checking the download size to see if I'm going to be suffering whiplash again.
on October 10, 2014
Good sexy fun, though I probably wouldn't look into others in this series because I wasn't that interested in the baseball themed backdrop.
on October 20, 2012
The ending is abrupt, but you do have to read the entire series.

I got the entire series from the writer's blog on a giveaway she was having and I regret not reading them sooner. The writing was clear and direct. I'm not personally a fan of m/f romance stories (I do like the m/m setting more, too many female stereotypes) but this was long enough for me to get involved in, short enough for me to want more.

Not being a fan of baseball, I wondered how much of the story would drag through baseball phrases I didn't know and drawn out game scenes to just fill out pages. I was happily surprised to find myself engaged in the baseball aspect and understanding what was going on.

I recommend this and the rest of the Hardball series highly.
on October 22, 2012
I was so surprised to see that there were no five-star reviews for this novella. I'm happy to provide the first! It's clever and cute and fun and sexy and actually well-written. No, it's not a full novel - and that is not just about number of words, it's also about the degree of resolution you can expect. But the ending is enough to let you feel satisfied that things are going somewhere, and anyway, it's how you get there that's interesting. And pretty darn hot. The others in this series are similar: they are more postcards than letters, but they're fun to read and they each explore a very different type of encounter.
2 helpful votes
on October 6, 2012
well started off ok, but ended like the author forgot what else to write. I hate not finding how it ends. Isn't that the point of romace books, happy endings?
I won't rush to read more of this authors books.
2 helpful votes