Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 360 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 659 reviews
on April 16, 2016
I admit I didn't buy the album when it first came out. After watching the history of this group I knew this was one I had to have. I love The Eagles! This is a band with heart. They have a gift for identifying the times. The album speaks of the angst and difficulty of the times (to me anyway). I enjoy the powerful words and intention of their message. When I listen to it it is with deep reflection of what is going on in the world and the human condition. Powerful and reflective. Not a party album, but one to just sit and listen.
on August 15, 2014
Odd that I just recently purchased this CD, being that I've been a die-hard Eagles fan for over forty years (see http://www.codeproject.com/Tips/804504/Convert-a-list-of-names-to-HTML-Wikipedia-links); they sure have changed. On this CD, they sound more influenced by Bruce Hornsby, Dire Straits, and the Isley Brothers than by country and bluegrass. It's all good, though.

The most surprising thing on this CD for me was learning (via "I Dreamed There was No More War", a beautiful and kind of unobtrusive instrumental) that the ostensibly hard-nosed (or at least no-nonsense) Glenn Frey is at heart just as much a romantic as his partner in art, the romantic cynic poet Don Henley.

Good album! Rock, funk, even a little proto-Eagles style ("How Long").
on January 24, 2012
It's too bad more recordings are not offered like this one. SHM simply adds an "oomph" to any recording it's used for. I have other SACD's using this and it provides a level of depth you would not believe. I'm not a technical reviewer,meaning I don't claim to be a "professional." I solely go by what my ears hear and how I like it. I liked Long Road Out of Eden as a regular CD. All Eagles fans had been clammoring for years for any release, and when I heard about it I rushed out to buy it. I played it for days. I didn't care about previous musical "roads" they took, all I wanted to hear was what ended up on the CD--and The Eagles singing it. Track after track is simply great regardless of who is doing the lead vocal. I lived in Japan for 6 years and frequently went to music shops while there, neither SHM nor SACD was widely available then. What I did notice was the great number of choices the same CD or release had...record, CD. etc. and on different types of materials you would not see in the U.S. Cost-wise, this was considerably higher than a regular CD but to me, if you like the artist like I do The Eagles, it was a no-brainer to get a copy on SHM. I wish more companies behind CD releases would offer a limited pressing using this material as well as a regular CD, I would become a steady buyer. It would be fantastic to see the latest "greatest hits" package come out on SHM also. To sum this up..."Long Road Out of Eden" is F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C on this medium so buy it...grab that beverage of choice, crank up the stereo and get lost.......
on March 12, 2013
I've always been into heavier music but I've also been a closet Eagles fan my whole life so as I got older I started to embrace a lot of the 'poppier' bands that they played on the radio when I was a kid (the 70's). So I was very excited when I found out the Eagles would be making not just an album but what amounts to a double albums worth of material. The songs are fantastic and the vocal harmonies are the best you're going to hear from any American band outside of the Beach Boys. Unfortunately the bad news is the vinyl version is absolutely dreadful. The packaging is beautiful and you definitely get your money's worth but every time some one sings a word with an 'S' in it, and there are many, it sounds like a barrel of snakes are squirming out of your speaker. Dreadful, dreadful, dreadful. I've been collecting vinyl my whole life and I've never experienced such a shoddy vinyl transfer/mixing/mastering job...whatever you want to call it. And knowing that these gentlemen are the consummate professionals and they take their music and fans VERY seriously I'm very shocked and dismayed by this. I'm betting that the band never even bothered to play test the final vinyl mix otherwise they never would've signed off on it.

So I have a couple of questions:

Is it my system?
Is it my specific copy of vinyl?
Is it like this on CD versions?

I truly doubt it's any of these things but for the sake of discussion I would like some input from some one else that has purchased the vinyl. Until then I'm forced to give this vinyl version two stars at most, and I'm being very generous.

UPDATE: I listened to this on a friends system and it seems that unfortunately my turntable has seen better days. This album is a solid four stars for any serious Eagles fan.
on January 16, 2017
Who wouldn't love it.If you only bought for the lessons in harmony, you spent your money well. Excellent CD
on May 24, 2015
I have been an Eagles fan since their first album, and this album is the first one I choose to listen to more often than not lately. For those of you who are Eagles fans, the vocals and the lyrics do not disappoint, with their down-to-earth eloquence. The instrumentals are also amazing as always. I find the overall tone of the album to be very uplifting. I can highly recommend this album.
on June 22, 2017
I was at one of the happiest times in my life when the Eagles were getting hot in the early 1970's, and I was sad when they broke up later.
I am really enjoying their new work. The relatively recent documentary about the band and how they reunited is historically important for music lovers, and is also very moving now that Glen is gone.
on January 14, 2014
It is my opinion that the Eagles picked up where the Beatles left off. Extremely tallented Their music covers a vast array of feeling and innuendo. Loved by millions. But I miss the competition and feeding off that Felder and Walsh provided for each other. That was amazing
on March 27, 2016
Whenever I listen to anything Eagles, I expect to be wow-ed. This is good, but...........meh.
on February 27, 2013
The Eagles have been my favorite group since their first album, saw the documentary "History of The Eagles" parts 1 and 2 the other night, reaffirmed my opinion that these guys meant a lot more to their fans than just their tunes, people did things to the Eagle music, I remember my girlfriends, my hard times, all attached to Eagle tunes. I chased a girl up to Providence RI back in 1976, "New Kid in Town", "Wasted Time" and "The Last Resort" off of the Hotel California Album was my sound track for that time in my life
This new album once again demonstrates their mastery of technical musicianship and their song writing talents. I just hope there is going to be more to follow. Like all groups, they are of their "times", now with age, they still are.