|Manufacturer||Dana Corporation, Long Manufacturing|
|Item Weight||1.76 ounces|
|Item model number||4490|
|Manufacturer Part Number||703-4490P6|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $11.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Long Tru-Cool 4490 LPD Transmission Oil Cooler 22.000 GVW
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare with similar items
Long Tru-Cool LPD Transmission Oil Cooler 4452 14,500 GVW
Long Tru-Cool LPD Transmission Oil Cooler 4543 20,000 GVW
Long Tru-Cool Transmission Oil Cooler 4707 20,000 GVW
|Sold By||AutoMaxx||Transmission Supply||AutoMaxx||AutoMaxx|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Protection against #1 cause of transmission failure. Performance-rated for cars, vans & light trucks up to 28,000 lbs. Long Tru-Cool transmission cooler, Part Number LPD4544. This cooler is rated at 22,000 GVW and measures 9 1/2"x11"x3/4". This cooler has 3/8" house barb fittings. This low pressure drop cooler is a must for Heavy duty applications, from towing to racing, but is recommended for even daily driven vehicles. Heat is what kills an automatic transmission. If you want to extend the life of your transmission and avoid or prolong a costly rebuild, this is very cheap insurance. All parts are included to mount this cooler. This cooler comes with transmission house. This cooler comes with a manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
SOME INSTILLATION TIPS: If you have an Astro (or any late model GM vehicle) then please be aware of a few things.
1) When you mount the cooler and run the lines to the radiator and the return line, be damn sure that you put some wire loom or something similar around the rubber lines. Not doing so is asking for eventual failure when the vibrations eventually cause that rubber hose to wear through against the front of the body as it passes through to the other side.
2) Get some drill bits to pre-drill the mounting points and save yourself the headache and mess.
3) Make sure there is enough clearance between the cooler and the AC condenser. You want to account for vibrations and potential objects such as rocks, etc. It would suck to have your cooler puncture your AC condenser.
4) THIS ONE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT. Unfortunately for me, I did not realize someone at GM was actually stupid enough to design a critical hose where the only thing that holds it and its fitting together is a FRIGGING LITTLE TINY METAL CLIP. Failure to realize this left me stranded a couple of days later when the lower fluid hose magically separated and dumped all the fluid out in the span of about 3 seconds. Luckily I caught it and no damage occurred. The point here is to go to your local transmission shop, give them 10 bucks and see if they wont give you a few nice new clips for those lines. They should have thousands of them laying around. When you do this job, take the old snap rings off, remove the hose from the fitting, take the new snap ring and get a pair of pliers, take the pliers and compress the snap ring so as to make it smaller and tighter, then take it and put it on the fitting with the hose removed, check to make sure that the snap ring DOES NOT WIGGLE AT ALL and if it does remove and try again, finally put the hose back into the fitting and push until you hear a nice snap. At that point you should be free of worry that GM's wonderful design will leave you on the side of the road potentially without a transmission.
5) The return line to the transmission is the top one.
In the end, I am satisfied with my purchase and it has seemed to keep the temps down to about 180 at their max (as opposed to ~220+ before). Just be sure to be weary of any install quirks that your vehicle and their bonehead designer might impose upon the job before digging in.
Manufacturer part number: TMXLPD4490