Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Material Type: Lighter only|Change

Showing 1-10 of 407 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 447 reviews
on July 13, 2013
But it no longer works! Used it for one cook-out season, probably 6-8 times. Now it won't work! Burned out from inside. Great idea, needs Mr. Dyson to improve on the design!
on April 15, 2016
OK, so a friend of mine recommended this to me as he received one as a gift. It works wonderfully but you have to realize that instead of lighting your charcoal in a chimney and walking away, you're going to stand around with smoke wafting in your face while you even out the coals. BUT the extra 5-10 minutes you spend doing this will ignite all your charcoal evenly and you will see an extra 30-50% burn time! Less worry about temperature dropping and fewer briquette re-loads. If you have the extra money and an electrical outlet handy this may be for you.
on November 4, 2012
This product worked great, too bad it only lasted 3 months. It will not turn on now. I registered my product. Tried to contact Looftlighter via e-mail they did not respond to my e-mail. Cannot recomend this product, poor customer service. I really liked it when it was working.
22 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 30, 2017
Cons:
You have to stand at the grill for a full 5 - 10 full minutes holding a button to get your coals to light.
I'm assuming they didn't want people to flick a switch and walk away from their device laying in hot coals.
You have to breathe the smoke and fumes for a good while for you to successfully light your fire.
You can pick up a Wagner heat gun from any local store that will do the same thing for 19.00.

Pros: The device is very well made. Seems to be relatively weatherproof if you accidentally left it out in the rain once or twice.

Suggestions: Install a button that you can set on and walk away so the customer can get on with mean prep. If leaving it on is a concern install a 10 minute timer circuit.
on August 23, 2016
I wanted to like this product. The inventor was very convincing with his video and when it arrived at the house the first thing I did was open up the Big Green Egg, stack up some charcoal and stuck the Looftlighter next to it and.......3 minutes later I saw a spark. The charcoal started ticking and I knew it was about to work so I walked away expecting to see smoke in about 5 minutes....nothing. I tried it again holding it next to the charcoal for 5 minutes....the same results. I do not want to stand with my hand in my grill for 10 minutes to get the fire going. It's back to the old school method. I received it on a Tuesday and shipped it back the same day. Darn, it seemed like such a cool product. Thanks Amazon for the full refund on the product.
on January 6, 2017
I have used the Looftlighter twice since receiving it over the New Years holiday, and l am happy with it. I use only all natural lump charcoal in my pit smoker. I stacked up a pile of charcoal, held the Looftlighter against the charcoal until I saw sparks then slowly pulled the lighter back for combustion air as per the instructions. I was in a hurry so I repeated this in a few spots and in about 10 or 15 minutes was ready to start cooking.
The Looftlighter appears to be made of excellent materials, and I look forward to using this for many years to come. I would recommend this to anyone who cooks a lot outdoors on a grill and/or pit smoker.
on August 19, 2015
This has made my life soon much easier. I hope it will help you too.
I am from Argentina and an absolute big fan of backyard BBQing. The only struggle that I have is making the charcoal to start burning, it usually takes me about 30 minutes using some cardboard to swing some air, I've tried the blowdried method but it's just too weak and cold, plus you still need matches (maybe quick fire as well). My second attempt was trying with the chimney style charcoal starter (sold by Webber), for $15-$20 didn't hesitate to grab one, and while it does start the fire as soon as 20 minutes go by in the grill, the heat starts to go away.
But now this is the real deal, it took me two months to make the decision to peel $65 from my wallet, but when I got it, the result were amazing.
You just pile up the charcoal (or wood or briquettes) and touch them with the tip of the Looftligher while pressing the button on the handle, which has this metal tube on the inside what goes from cold to smoking red hot in just 5 seconds. After the charcoal has been ignited you step away a few inches and let the hot air the the trick. The power cord is quite large to in most cases you won't need an extension. I promise, you'll just feel that you have a BBQ's magic wand in your hand.
Even if you grill just once a month it is an absolute must for BBQers or Fireplace lovers. This bad boy was made to last.
on March 17, 2017
Went to use for the first time last weekend (3-10-17) and worked for about 1 minute. You have to hold the button down and stand their while it is TRYING to start your grill. Now it won't even turn on. IT IS JUNK!!!!!! Went to try and return and, can't return after Jan 31st. I guess only warranty is for 54 days. WASTE OF MONEY. Walmarts $17.00 one is way better.
on August 31, 2016
This thing is badass! It lights my Green egg faster than anything else. You have to be smart about using this beast. Place some paper or other flammable material under your charcoal. With the egg, I placed my lump charcoal towards the back. With paper under it, I started the lighter, placing the end on the paperand when sparks occured(about 2 minutes later) I pulled the lighter back and used the fan to ignite the charcoal and create heat...I kept a bit of distance from the lighter and the heat of the lit charcoal..this thing is serious about starting a fire! My new favorite toy
on February 1, 2017
I've used fire starters, lighter fluid, and gas without huge success at times. This works in the windiest conditions and you know it's working or worked before walking away. Touch the charcoal and wait for sparks, I can do that. Plus it usually takes only 1 min before all is done and coals are lit. Would recommend to a friend.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.