BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 3, 2014
My boys, ages 3 and 5, cannot get enough of Bob Staake's Look a Book (and Look! Another Book!). This is essentially an I-Spy sort of book, but created with more pizazz! Each set of pages has a beautifully illustrated theme in Staake's iconic style and feature clever, catchy rhymes, with peepholes onto the next page of things to find.

"Look!
A rake!
A snake!
A slice of cake!
A club!
A sub!
A prickly shrub!
Lots of fun in MERRYWORLD! (Roller coaster twisty-twirled)
Can you find the ice cream swirled?"

The rhymes are catchy and both my boys have memorized them all! This book has also introduced my boys to new vocabulary words with the abundance of descriptive words featured. There are some pages at the end of the book that lists other items to find throughout the book for bigger kids (1 cow, 2 bicycles, 3pigs, etc.) and encourage the reader to take another look to find additional pictures (toasters, rockets, little frogs, ice cream-eating wiener dogs!) My husband and I also find obscure items and ask the boys to find them, which turns this book into a neverending adventure - I'm pretty sure my boys pick "Look! A Book!" to read every night just to delay bedtime!

Look! A Book! is a must-have for any child's library :)
on August 22, 2015
This book is a favorite for all of my grandchildren who read it!. When I go to the library to borrow books, I am always looking for books that would appeal to each of my different grandchildren's personalities. When I find the perfect book, I always turn to Amazon, locate the book, add it to my wish list & purchase it when I have the funds. The books are always delivered quickly & are in perfect condition. I add a customized label & then give it to the little kiddo with a flourish of kisses to add to their expanding library! I have already bought TWO of this book for different grandkids & have found that there is a sequel ! Alas, this grandmother is going to go broke buying books from Amazon! Thanks Amazon for being part of this Grandmother's book gifting tradition!!
on February 6, 2017
This book is a lot of fun. My son is in first grade and we bought this book because we had a different title, "Look! Another Book!". Both books have brought so much joy and extra reading and rereading/and extra looking again and again just for fun. He knows the book by heart now and sometimes I just hear him repeating phrases that are catchy and rhyme out of nowhere. The book was delivered quickly and was in the correct condition. Thank you.
review image
on December 10, 2012
This book is soo fun. It's kind of like a "Where's Waldo" book where you have to look through hundreds of illustations to find what you're looking for. Though there are very few words, the rhymes are really fun. My son is almost 6 months old and I think it's a perfect book to read with a little one before bed because it gives them lots to look at but can be read fairly quickly. Then once the kids get older it would still appeal to them because they can actually play the "hide-n-seek" part of the book. Bob Staake has definately become one of my most favorite children authors. He makes books that are not only fun for kids but fun for parents too!

On a side note I only have one complaint. The book I received had about 2-3 pages that looked kind of scratched/bent. Pretty disappointing for a brand new book but I still gave it 5 stars because the book itself is awesome!
on September 15, 2017
Absolutely love this book! Thank you!
on December 12, 2016
Great book, my toddler loves it, we just pour over the pictures and find funny things everywhere. I think he's memorized where everything is now, so he's not really "looking" for them, but remembering where they are. Lots of details, lots to talk about; it's pretty satisfying.
on May 18, 2013
This book is not like the other seek and find books we have. A peephole with a word on the side and a matching drawing seen through the hole is not very fun for my grandson. On the actual full drawing, only words are used to find the items. The other books we have show the word and a drawing to find. He likes those books a lot better. I am sure it would be great for early readers.
on April 24, 2011
Purchased this book for my recently turned 3 granddaughter. She is a little young for the 4-8 age group but she is a whiz at things, just ask grandpap. Talked with my son the other day and she hasn't put the book down in over a week. Carries it with her throughout the house so much they took the paper cover off so that it didn't get ruined. I went out and looked at a copy in a book store and saw how neat it really is. So many pictures of animals and things with lots of color, looking for items like a slice of pizza or a baseball on the pages; counting them. The fun you can have with this book is only limited by the kids and their parents. My soon to be 1 grandson will get his copy when he is a litte older.
on February 15, 2011
Both my husband and I read reviews of this book and independently bought a copy each for our daughter! One we keep, of course, and the other will make some other little kid very happy come a birthday or holiday.

This is our first Staake book and now we have his two other books because they're so much fun. I think I may like them more than my kids though. The illustrations are eye catching, especially this Look! A Book! There's so much to see and find. It keeps us busy but makes bedtime reading time much too long.
on December 25, 2016
My grandson gets this book every time he goes to the public library so I had to get it. Success as a present!