- Paperback: 276 pages
- Publisher: Martin Pearl Pub (May 15, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1936528096
- ISBN-13: 978-1936528097
- Product Dimensions: 5.8 x 1 x 8.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 14.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 9 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #4,498,797 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Look Around Paperback – May 15, 2013
|New from||Used from|
An Amazon Book with Buzz: "Ghosted"
Seven perfect days. Then he disappeared. A love story with a secret at its heart. Learn more
About the Author
Darrin May has spent his entire adult life working in professional sports. He is currently Executive Director of Media Relations for the NBA's Sacramento Kings, a position he has held for the past twelve years. Previously, May spent ten years in a similar capacity with the Atlanta Hawks. Over the years he has written several features on various players and coaches that have been published in an array of magazines.
Learn more about this new book.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I thought the author did a very credible job in several areas:
- He did a nice job establishing his characters. They are varied without being stereotypical. He adds a number of quirky characters that keeps the narrative moving.
- He has a nice feel for dialogue. One gets a feel for Matisse's world as a sport's agent. His dialogue with a variety of characters seems true.
- The author keeps the story moving balancing all of the elements. The plot continues to move and there is a twist at the end.
Considering the scope of the novel and all that it tried to accomplish I thought Mr. May did an excellent job. One gets a feel for his main character throughout the novel as he reflects on his relationships with women and characters that appear throughout the novel. He does a nice job expanding this area without sacrificing the plot. He keeps the reader interested throughout the process.
I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in the sports entertainment and a good mystery. His characters are interesting and the story moves at a rapid pace. It is an excellent summer read. It's a great way to spend a few hours in a world that was unfamiliar to me.
Hope there is a sequel in the future!