Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 31, 2016
As a Knight Industries 2000, I worked with Michael - I mean, Mr. Hasselhoff for many years as his companion in fighting crime for the Knight Foundation. During our time together, I assisted him with jumping over a variety of vehicles and obstacles, driving in high speed down empty roads, reflecting bullets from my chassis, and watching him romancing human females, so I feel I know him very well. After he retired, I have followed his career with great interest. First, he became a lifeguard. Then he fought paranormal activities as a private investigator. Now, he's a singer. I must say, after listening to this album, I wish Mr. Hasselhoff had remained with me fighting crime more than ever.
on August 2, 2016
It was my turn to make the mashed potatoes for the Church potluck and I needed something to pass the time while my Idahoes came to a boil. Pastor lent me his "Looking For" cd and I been listening to it non stop. My Stars but did the kitchen get hot! That man had me purring like a kitten sleeping in a ray of sunshine on the Rectory porch. I was particularly moved by David's French and Brooklyn tribute of "Je T'aime Means I Love Yo". This. Man. Does. Not. Disappoint.
on November 6, 2015
One day while I was contemplating killing myself, I came across this CD and decided yea, its time to go. I went outside and while "The Hoff" was singing me a Mexican love song in German, I jumped off the ledge of my apartment building and landed in pile of cow dung. I instantly started feeling better, as it was nicer to be covered in cow dump than listen to his music.
on June 30, 2015
I was hosting a Fourth of July barbecue last year and thought to myself, "What better way to celebrate America than with the music of American treasure David Hasselhoff?" And as it turned out, I was right - everyone at the party complimented me on my impeccable taste. The only problem was that, as the party went on, more and more Germans began drifting by to listen. I had no idea America was such a popular destination for German tourists - there were almost a hundred loitering outside my house only an hour after the barbecue started. It seemed like every German within a ten-mile radius had been attracted by the incredible range of emotions the Hoff's dulcet tones could convey.

In conclusion - you probably shouldn't play this CD outside, or at high volume. It's simply too powerful to be exposed to the masses like that.
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
on June 25, 2015
I consider myself a true fan of art, whatever that art may be...be it paintings, photography, film, or life in general. After reading a few of the reviews for this album I convinced myself I needed to listen to this and ordered it immediately. I lit some candles, sat back on my couch, and prepared myself for some sort of pop disposable music that would easily be dismissed. What I didn't realize, and couldn't have realized is that this album is to music what Beethoven's Fifth Symphony was to music in its day.

Immediately, as the first track begins you feel it, that swelling deep in your soul. Then he begins singing and you feel as if an angel has entered your presence to take you through the entire emotional ark of existence. A special shout-out too to the person who made the order in which the songs are played as it helps to enrapture you in this glorious ride.

As I listened I felt I was living the full gammat of the human emotional spectrum. At times dancing uncontrollably, laying in spoon position with the case as we fell deeply in love, to weeping as I felt that I had lost my soul mate.

Finally when the album was finished I was so spent that I had to immediately sleep for fear of passing out of exhaustion. Upon waking three days later I found that normal life no longer held the same buzz and glee as it had previously. Works of art no longer provided me the sense of awe it had before. The only answer I could find was to re-listen to this work of art. Finally after a year or so I realized I was not broken, it was that I had now been privy to what will one day be known as a master work to which there is no equal.

So I say to you, friend, do not purchase this album unless you are truly finished with fake works of art and are ready for the real deal.
on April 25, 2015
I purchased this because it was on the same page as the "UFO Detector". You know how you look up a product and underneath it there is always the: "Customers who bought this also bought"? Well that's what hooked me. That and the oxymoronic title - "Looking For The BEST of David Hasselhoff". Now I said to myself, "Studly, I think this calls for some investigation" (that's the name my inner-voice calls myself while most just yell "Hey you, stop that! I can water my own flowers. Now put that away or I'll call local constabulary."). I figured if aliens were going to make contact they would likely use a famous figure. Who better than a man who drives a talking car. Well from the first track to the finale "I believe" his duet with Laura Branigan - I DID BELIEVE ! Yes not only did I believe in UFOs and that they'd make contact with The Hof but that The Hof himself was the product of a coupling between a human and an extraterrestrial. He was conceived to help us make our way into the next millennium and what sealed the deal was reading the review of George Takei - Oh My. Thank you Amazon for bringing the UFO Detector and Looking For The Best Of David Hasselhoff into my life.
6 helpful votes
on February 4, 2015
That voice...that eerily enticing voice, like the Sirens of yore. Oh, how the colorful texture of his warm and nurturing timbre haunts me to the depths of my soul!

I bought this for the second time only months ago, thinking I could somehow keep my once feverish desire for the Hoff at bay. Oh, but I've so cunningly deceived myself again, and now I'm lost...so very lost....

My third and former therapist was the first to confront me on this. She all but begged and pleaded with me to end my obsession, although I never truly listened, to my great chagrin. At length, I came to some semblance of sense--at least at first. Almost two years ago, I forced myself to throw out my last copy, as I'd found myself listening to it at all hours of the day and night with shameless, nearly illicit, delight. Laying on the floor for hours in wanton and unresponsive repose, fully abandoning myself to the undulating aural thrills of that palpitating voice. First, Dance Dance D'Amour, then Hot Shot City or These Lovin' Eyes. Or the playful lull of his fiesta-style rhyme Do the Limbo Dance that titillates me to the very core of my being. Sheer drunkenness and madness!

My dissipation, however, has come, most bitterly, at a cost. Missing work, neglecting friends and family...missing life....

But what is life?! (Oh, mock me if you must, you who have never fallen prey to the grip of that heavenly larynx! Spurn me if you will!) What is life without the sweet nectar of such divinely woven vocal chords?! What mortal pleasure or purpose could I possibly hope to achieve without the promise of his melodious voice ringing in my ears at my every whim--even if I were forever relegated to the faintness of his breath through the cheap sputtering of elevator and department store speakers, imbibing it with the greediness and urgency of a refugee in a soup line.

If only I could restrain my ears as Ulysses' men restrained his body to the mast of their wayward ship!...If I could but un-hear what I've so recklessly adored.
on November 13, 2014
too bad there aren't 10 STARS..... when you say best of david Hasselhoff, you're basically saying ALL of David Hasselhoff.
on September 4, 2014
Trying to describe the best of the Hoff is almost impossible given that he's the genius that ended the Cold War and caused the Berlin wall to fall down. It's kind of like a Catholic trying to determine who among the Virgin Mary, Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit contributed the most to mankind.

Any man who can pull off wearing a bright speedo with his chest hair glistening in the sun while rescuing a drowning damsel in distress in slow motion is untouchable. On top of that, how many people do you know has an early 1980's all-black Trans-Am that talks back to you?

I'm not even attempting to quanitfy this demi-god's brilliant singing voice by playing favorites among his masterpieces. Beethoven and JS Bach would have wrote even greater pieces in bigger quantities if the Hoff was around to inspire them back in the day. Don't Hassel the Hoff!!
on August 22, 2014
Exciting stuff. I can't wait for the sequel when they finally find the best of david hasseloff.