Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 14, 2009, 9:37:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 14, 2009, 9:28:46 PM PST
The author of this book, "The Attack on the Liberty: The Untold Story of Israel's Deadly 1967 Assault on a U.S. Spy Ship," is the son of USS Liberty's Damage Control officer, John Scott. The author is a professional journalist and a former Harvard Fellow -- I believe he was an instructor of Journalism Ethics at Harvard. So, I anticipate that this book will be of high-caliber, and provide readers with facts, insights and personal memories never before well-explored or presented.

Posted on Feb 14, 2009, 2:28:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 23, 2009, 8:45:24 PM PST
I am the author of Assault on the Liberty which was first published by Random House in 1980, is still in print ( http://www.tinyurl.com/jimsamazonbook ), has sold over 110,000 copies, and is widely considered the definitive account of the USS Liberty attack. Now my book must yield first place to James Scott in that hierarchy of USS Liberty investigative literature.

I have been privileged to watch Mr. Scott's project unfold from the very beginning, and have been enormously impressed with the degree of integrity, skill, intelligence, judgment and attention to detail that he has brought to bear.

The attack on the USS Liberty has been a subject of bitter controversy since the ship was attacked in 1967. Angry accounts have been presented from both sides, all claiming to be the definitive version which will absolutely prove the author's position, whatever it may be.

Having watched Mr. Scott's work unfold, and having seen much of the evidence that he has developed, I believe absolutely that publication of this book will resolve for all time any remaining issue of culpability.

John Scott reports facts, not opinions or speculation. If he reports something, you will see its source and can weigh its validity.

Was the attack deliberate? Was it planned? Were the facts covered up by both sides? Was it a war crime? Who in the US knew it was deliberate and kept the truth from the American public? Should someone have gone to jail for these crimes?

These questions are all answered clearly by Mr. Scott.

The USS Liberty story has long been so sensitive that most main stream media have been reluctant to cover the story at all. This must now change. James Scott has blown the lid off the cover-up.

Attack on the Liberty by James Scott should at last bring the story of the deliberate attack on the USS Liberty into prime time public conversation where it should have been many years ago.

At last the American public will know what happened, why it happened, and who was responsible.

James Ennes
author: Assault on the Liberty
webmaster: www.ussliberty.com

Posted on Apr 4, 2009, 5:23:26 PM PDT
Uncle Devo says:
Having exchanged correspondence with the USS Liberty Veterans Association, watched Dead in the Water, and read Jim Ennes "Assault on the Liberty" I pre-ordered and eagerly look forward to the release of this book.

Please read The Moorer Report http://www.gtr5.com/evidence/moorer.htm and the Report of War Crimes Committed Against U.S. Military Personnel http://www.gtr5.com/evidence/warcrimes.pdf and watch the BBC documentary "Dead in the Water" which can be seen on Google Video.

If you care about The United States of America, please write your Congressman, Senators, and the President to demand a Congressional investigation into the attack on the USS Liberty. Please write to your State and Local elected officials requesting June 8 designated USS LIBERTY REMEMBRANCE DAY, in order to commemorate USS Liberty's heroic crew; and to educate the American people of the danger to our national security inherent in any passionate attachment of our elected officials for any foreign nation.

Ainsworth Hunt

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2009, 7:17:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 30, 2009, 6:35:32 AM PDT
After reading the complete excerpt (Chapter 4), I found a few minor technical errors. Otherwise, it appeared accurate with one glaring exception: the part about Captain McGonagle visually sighting torpedo boats, after the air attack, at 15 nautical miles. At McGonagle's location (03 level), it was physically impossible to visually see any part of the relatively small MTBs at 15 miles -- 10 miles maybe (8 miles more likely) with good atmospheric light refraction, but definitely not 15.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2009, 6:01:40 AM PDT
R. Kukal says:
Ken has researched the Liberty attack for many years. If any of you who read
this are interested in forensics concerning the attack then Mr. Halliwell's site
is the place to go. Just Google USS Liberty Inquiry and the site should come up.
Well researched with essays by competent people. As a survivor and the petty
officer in charge of the body recovery and identification I found this site so
informative that I never left it until is was closed down, and a new one took its
place. A recent book revelled in their statement that with the advent of that
book the case was closed. "The Case is not Closed". I implore all that read this to go to Ken's site.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Feb 14, 2009
Latest post:  May 29, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers