Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 29, 2012
The Goodies has some interesting cards and some nicer game pieces.

The X-deck and the L-deck might be worth a laugh once. Other than that, they are worthless. They don't improve the game at all.

The O-deck and the Cz-deck each have 12 occupations and 12 minors. Most of the O-deck is pretty good. A handful of cards in the Cz-deck are good; the rest of it is funny but useless. These decks were promotional at one time, and you can't buy them separately. You can find the card images at the website that comes up when you google, "play agricola online."

The wooden animal, wheat, vegetable, and resource tokens are great. (Note: no new people or food.) It makes it easier to stock the board when the resources are different shapes. You can buy similar wooden resources separately on Amazon. Agricola Vegeemeeples -194 piece Euro Token Set looks good, but the tokens you would use for animals don't match and there are only 12 of each. You could always get Agricola Animeeples Sheep Pig and Cattle 60 pcs set!, but that plus the vegeemeeples would cost more than the Goodies Expansion. The Goodies also comes with five new, themed farm boards. There's one for each season and a Mars board. As far as I know, you can't get these anywhere else.

The new cards don't add enough to the gameplay to be worth the price alone. The boards and wooden pieces don't change the game much themselves, but if you play this game a lot, you will appreciate the improved user interface. For the most part, it's a good buy.
on February 22, 2014
If you get this nowadays, you're dropping your cash for some stickers, veggie-meeples (wooden vegetable game pieces), and some extra game boards. The wooden animals (ani-meeples) you don't need since they come with the actual game, and the expansion decks? Well, they are just something to mess around with when you have played out regular Agricola and the other "serious" expansion decks to the point where you want to do something different or silly.

The extra game boards are great, as are the veggie-meeples, and the stickers really add character to the family tokens. Don't expect the cards to add new depth and dimensions to your game - they weren't intended too.
on January 18, 2013
Yes, some of the expansion Decks are a bit silly, but if you don't want to play that way, then don't play those expansions. The reason to buy this expansion is the new boards, shaped pieces. On that criteria, this expansion, while not changing game-play, adds a bit extra enjoyment to the game.

Plus while waiting for your turn, it wasn't nearly as entertaining to have little cubes have pretend sex with each other. No I am entertained through the whole game.
on March 11, 2013
I like this expansion. The board for the resources makes filling the spaces easier between rounds and I like the shapes. The alien expansion card set is too weird and I haven't used it but I have incorporated the others into the minor improvement and occupations deck. I don't think you need this to enjoy the game but it is my husbands favorite game and made a nice gift.
on February 18, 2014
I bought this with the game, so we always played with it. Then a friend purchased a copy of the game & was so upset when he realized all the tokens were all the same. While it was easy for us to play at his house, my husband who is color blind, had trouble distinguishing between clay & wood sometimes.
on February 26, 2011
This expansion set for Agricola is a must-have. The player mats are lovely and really add personality to the game. The stickers can be used on game tokens to create a unique family for each player. The cards are wacky and interesting and add a lot of fun to the game. The best things in this set, however, are the meeples. The little wooden vegetables, resources, and animals make the game so much more fun. Now, when we finish playing a game we always take a picture of the little farms with animals grazing and vegetables growing.

I bought this expansion as a Valentine's Day gift for my boyfriend and he loved it!
on June 2, 2014
Real Cooool Expansion :D
I like Agricola Franchise. So this item(The Goodies Expansion) is perfect choice for me.
Thank you by the sell.
on August 29, 2014
great expansion for the base game, full of goodies to expand your play experince
on November 25, 2012
Nice way to get the whole package of pieces eventhough I may not use all of the cards. Very well produced!
on August 3, 2011
So disappointed in the Goodies Expansion. I am an Agricola aficionado, ever since the first time I played the game I was hooked. A buddy and I play it regularly, at least a couple times a month. A while back I bought the X deck just to see what an expansion deck was all about. I found the X deck to be silly and nonsensical, obviously meant to just play when you are goofing around. I decided to get the Goodies expansion with high hopes that the C and O decks would be worthy of play. I think the problem is that the original game is so well written and thought out that the expansions struggle to come up with new and inventive Occupation and Minor Improvement cards. The L deck which I guess was created by the employees of Lookout games is again just not intended for a serious game. I am still searching for an expansion pack that is as good as the original E, I and K decks.

The new boards and the meeples I will use but those items alone are not worth the $40 I spent.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.