Other Sellers on Amazon
Loose in La [Blu-ray]
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
In fact, most of Loose in LA comes across as far too calm. Perhaps it's the mix, or Hynde's battle with voice issues (she complains at one point of taking one--in this case, a cortisone shot to the butt--for the team), but the overall feeling is one of toned down defiance. This is no "pushed to eleven" event. This is The Pretenders doing the right thing and delivering what they think the crowd wants. There is no denying the quality of the material--Hynde rights great, almost instantly memorable songs--and the musicianship is stellar. But we expect to have our asses kicked by something like The Pretenders, not to sit back and watch as they work through a couple hours of rehearsal. We want fire. We want brimstone.Read more ›
Buoyed by an appreciative audience, Chrissie Hynde seems to really be enjoying herself and it shows in her performance. She runs a tight ship. They sound at least as good as they did in the 80's and maybe even better. As one reviewer pointed out, they do seem a little lax (actually he said a little too lax), but that's not necessarily a bad thing. They are older, after all. I'd rather see them being who they are than trying to be something they aren't.
* Video quality: Great! I put this one in just to remind me how good my high definition t.v. can look when given something
great to show.
* Sound quality: Sounds great through my Yamaha 673 receiver.
* Track list: Pretty sharp. Standout tracks include You Know Who Your Friends Are, Message Of Love, Talk of the
Town, Precious, I'll Stand By You, and a blazing rendition of My City Was Gone.
* The blu-ray menu: This sounds trivial, but when you put this blu-ray in, it's ready to go. Great menu access, no
copyright warnings, it drops you right in. On their other blu-ray Pretenders: Live In London, whenever I turn it off and
back on, there's two copyright warnings and the disc menu is kind of clunky.
* A few key Pretenders songs are missing such as Rosalee, I Go To Sleep, Break Up the Concrete, Boots of Chinese Plastic, and Stop Your Sobbing (one of my personal favorites). But that's o.k, because you can get those on the also-excellent blu-ray Pretenders: Live In London.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have both the Live in London and this Blu-ray. I think the London Blu-ray has a better stage presence, but I feel the songs and audio are better in LA.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
Excellent for testing your equipment video and audio I can say that it is a must for people who enjoy musicPublished on September 24, 2013 by Amhed Herrera