Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Lord, Have Mercy: The Healing Power of Confession
Format: Hardcover|Change

on July 8, 2015
A great book on the Sacrament of Confession. We need it. The Lord initiated it. The Church provides it. While I have always been a Catholic who believes in the power of this sacrament, I benefited from Hahn's exposition of the power and importance of the Church's role in forgiveness. The reiteration of our Catholic belief in both venial and mortal sin is a well done, and easy for the potential convert to understand.

I have always loved Hahn's books and this one is no different. Every parish library should have it. Every Catholic should be made to read it. In the words of Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: "Go to Confession!"
on December 17, 2015
Scott Hahn has wowed me again! I am a convert to the Church, was brought in this past Easter 2015. I started watching Lord Have Mercy on EWTN, and I just had to get the book, and I am glad I did. Scott Hahn has helped me gain a very deeper and strong love for the Sacrament of Penance!
on March 6, 2017
Excellent book to come int understanding of the destruction of sin and the Mercy of our Lord. Loved the book
on June 7, 2017
I found Scott's book to help me reground myself in the sacrament of reconciliation. Every catholic should read this book.
on June 15, 2015
Really enjoy Scott Hahns writing. I am an adult convert to catholicism so my education is lacking. I really enjoy his books because they explain the important details in ways that make it easy to understand. He also is very passionate about the relationship with Jesus and it shows in his writing.
on May 3, 2016
As a lifelong committed Catholic, I was really surprised how much I learned. Really thorough starting from the biblical and psychiatric bases for the basic concept. No unnecessariata here at all. Scott obviously earned his Ph.D. He is one of my teachers now. And I may add another shelf to my personal library. Many thanks!
on June 22, 2015
I purchased this before going to confession. I had not received the sacrament for over 5 years. This book brought to life the importance of regular confession. A Must Read.
on October 17, 2013
This book was recommended to me by a priest whom I had shared that I do not like going to confession. After reading it, I still have a problem with going to confession, but I learned that I'm a lot better person than I give myself credit for. The book is in great condition, fast delivery, great price. Will share with others
on September 10, 2014
Scott Hahn is brilliant when it comes to explaining aspects of the Catholic faith. Even though I've been a Catholic since my baptism as a child (I am now in my 70s), he still manages to teach me more!
on September 22, 2017