Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lord & Hodge 1100 Snap Fastener Kit
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Joseph Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

Price:$6.34+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on March 3, 2013
(I have added some photographs above)

I wanted to add some clip studs to a ranger style vest jacket that I use for work so I got these.

Installing them was easy after a quick read of the instructions on the back and they look good along with working good.

They are heavy duty and work good on the padded flaps that I atached them too.

The only problems I had is that one of the studs was defective, somehow during manufacturing the stud hole lost its lip inside. So hole was too big and no lip to bend on to so I used some hardore glue and weights to atach it (wont be suprised if need to remove and replace it at some point.

The tool you strike also wears down with every hit of the hammer and will probably only last long enough to install another set maybe a few more depends on striking.

As a replacement set it is great for many thing and cheap enough to be brought again if tools are needed and dont want to pay out for a pro tool.

One tip make sure to use on concrete or have a small flat rock that wont break so the striking is good.
review image review image
on December 8, 2010
They worked for what I needed them for, for belts made of used bike tubes. I had a long, frustrating time trying to install them with a hammer on a wood table until I read on the internet to use a mallet on a concrete floor, and they suddenly worked like a charm.

The instructions on the back are pretty confusing, so make sure to look up how to install them on Youtube before you ruin them.
on May 11, 2010
It is easy to use and works well. But the snaps are not very tight. Heavy wind would unsnap them.
on December 17, 2014
These are great! I was having trouble getting the thing to hammer down but then tried going outside and hammering it over the sidewalk. Worked perfectly! Quick and easy. I have thermal curtains as a room divider and there was always a gap inbetween them so wanted a way to fasten them together without having to sew them. Perfect. I only wish it came with more. The refills on Amazon are an "add-on only" item which really blows cuz I ordered some "refills" but they are the 1110A, so watch out to not get the wrong ones. These close great for me and are nice and sturdy. For measurements, they are approx. 1/2" in diameter. Fiskars makes a hole punch which I already had that is perfect size for punching the hole (5/32") and it punched right through the thick curtains with ease. I was surprised. Might want to invest in one of those, as it gets the job done with ease for using these fasteners. Hope this helps anybody :)
on December 6, 2011
I purchased this and a refill kit to add snaps to prefab curtains to snap in place for privacy in my camping trailer bunk beds. Works great. Eady to install too. I suggest a solid ground and firm strikes to set the snaps. Use a piece of wood to protect the floor.
on December 21, 2015
These are easy enough to use, so long as you hammer them on a surface you don't care about. I was able to apply them pretty easily (once I realized I read the instructions wrong for one part -- my mistake).

Pro and con: These are pretty strong snaps. That's great when you want to make sure something stays together, but when you use it on thinner fabric, it takes a lot of force to separate them, and in my case, the fabric is beginning to stretch out where I had to cut to slip the snap post through. So I don't know how long the fabric will hold up with these. I'd recommend using with a thicker fabric (canvas maybe would be perfect).
on July 4, 2014
Excellent! Havent tried a single of the snaps but used the tools included to hammer in marine grade stainless steel snaps in a boating canvas.
Worked excellent and i am still curious why anyone should buy a pressing tool for 75 USD and above to do the same job.
on November 14, 2015
These buttons work great. The buttons that came on my high vis work vest were garbage. I took them off and replaced them by using this kit. I backed them up with pieces of leather, just to be extra sturdy, so it ended up being kind of thick. Even with the thickness of two pieces of leather sandwiching my vest, these buttons are long enough to handle it. The only downside is that this kit only comes with 6 button sets. It was so easy, I want to put buttons on everything! Also, it's really hard to find refills.
on July 4, 2016
Worked perfectly to repair a broken snap socket on a molle bag for my rucksack. I've never done these before and had the old socket removed and replaced within 5 minutes. Read the feedback about using it against a sidewalk. My garage floor was a great surface. Going to put a snap on my motorcycle helmet strap so it spent fly around.
review image
on January 18, 2016
Only issue is that I can't get more without the tool.

I used an old, hard 2x4 over a cement floor as the anvil, and used a 16 oz hammer. Two for two in heavy doubled canvas. One hit.

The male mating part is 0.40" the female is 0.38". Very good retention. I used these to repair a range bag. Very secure. Will buy again, but wish for cheaper refills.