$ 99 $19.99 Save $5.00 (25%)
+ $3.99 shipping
& FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Select items for an Amazon Gift Card
Get free shipping with fast payment.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Embark on quests and engage in battles from the Lord of the Rings film trilogy
- Wield Aragorn's sword, bow and spear in epic battles against Sauron's minions
- Upgrade Aragorn's weapons, armor and combat skills as you progress through the storyline
- Take full control of Aragorn's sword and shield thanks to intuitive motion controls while battling enemies on foot or on horseback
- Fight back the followers of Sauron in two-player drop-in/drop-out co-op gameplay as Aragorn and Gandalf
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Preparations are underway in Hobbiton for a great party to welcome the legendary Aragorn, and to honor Samwise Gamgee for his service during the War of the Ring. With Aragorn’s visit imminent, Sam’s children are eager to learn more about this great man and so Sam, now Mayor of Hobbiton, embarks on a tale of the revered warrior, Aragorn, and his most valiant battles that took him from Strider to King. Play as the legendary Aragorn as you embark on his greatest quests and engage in his greatest battles from The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Wield his sword, bow or spear through action-packed battles against Sauron’s forces and fierce creatures from Tolkien’s fabled Middle-earth.
Top Customer Reviews
Gripes: The title is overall a bit 'kid-like' but that is pretty much what I expected. As mentioned in reviews above, you can only play Gandalf as a second character, and IF it is available, I have not yet gotten to a part where you could play Gimli or Legolas. The pathing can be very frustrating when you are trying to go somewhere and there is obviously a path your character could fit through (like between two rocks) but it is impassable. You can't jump over or off of things and this severely limits the level of realism, and slows you down. Which in this game is a big deal cause you do a lot of walking.
Praise: Fun stuff: Swinging at orcs, wandering around Rivendell, firing flaming arrows into giant spider-nests, dodging trolls, team play w/ Gandalf... The quest marker / ranger's path function makes it easy to find where you are going. There are interesting bits of Tolkien lore in there to be discovered as well.
Mostly, for me, it's worth the $15ish bucks to be able to explore the scenery of Middle Earth.
If you like Zelda and/or like the LOTR trilogy or books, this is most definitely a game worth checking out! It won't take forever to beat it, but it has high replay value to go back and find all the items and quests I missed the first time around.
Here's my experience
1) If you have children and you'd like to enjoy a collaborative, story-based Wii game - look no further this is it.
2) If you are a non-gamer who would like to try video games on Wii - look no further this is a great initiation as you get the hang of swinging your sword and navigating middle earth. I am having a lot of fun living the LOTR story from Aragorn's point of view, unlocking the situations and using my sword against Sauron's army!
3) If you are gamer and an LOTR fan, I'd say go find yourselves a complicated alternative ;)
Frustrating camera angles mad me give up on you after the first couple levels. I even put you away for awhile and came back and tried you again but no. Camera=frustrating. Too bad. I love LOTR. Oh well.
Some people seem to like it but my life's to short to fight with it. If you're interested and you still have a brick and mortar shop in your town where you can rent it, I'd do that first.