| The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest is a single player action-adventure game for PlayStation 2 in which younger players are introduced to the excitement, characters and lore of J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Lord of the Rings" (LOTR). Framed in-game by the storytelling of the hobbit Sam Gamgee to his children, the game features the ability to play as the future king, Aragorn, as he fights his way through the key battles and events of the War of the Ring. Additional features include: multiple weapons and an in-game economy that facilitates item and skill upgrades. Story |
It is now the Fourth Age of Middle-earth; a time of peace. Yet though the great battles and deeds that eventually lead to the destruction of the Ring of Power are a distant memory for most, they are not forgotten. Preparations are underway in Hobbiton for a great party to welcome the legendary Aragorn, now king of the united lands of Arnor and Gondor, and to honor Samwise Gamgee for his service during the War of the Ring. With Aragorn’s visit to the Shire imminent, Sam’s children are eager to learn more about this great man and so Sam, now Mayor of Hobbiton, embarks on a tale of the revered warrior, Aragorn, and the valiant deeds that transformed a Ranger of the North, into the last great king of men in Middle-earth.
| Relive the great deeds of Aragorn during the War of the Ring as told by Sam Gamgee. |
The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest is an action-adventure game designed to allow young players to relive the great battles and events featured in J.R.R Tolkien's "The Lord of the Rings". Action is designed to be accessible and family-friendly, and is related and relived through the filter of storytelling sessions by the hobbit Samwise Gamgee to his children, with the deeds of Aragorn taking center stage. Players assume the role of Aragorn, supported by AI versions of familiar characters from the Fellowship and the wider world of the free peoples of Middle-earth. Aragorn can engage in using using his main weapon the sword, Andúril, but he can also wield other weapons and collect other items including torches, shields, as well as spears and a bow. These can be purchased using gold found throughout the game or as a reward for completing missions. Additional features and functionality include special skills, the ability to upgrade weapons, armor and attacks, and Bonus Area Mode which allows you to test your skill in limited combat for items that can be used in the game's main campaign. Key Game Features
- Extension of the LOTR Universe - Journey through Middle-earth as Aragorn and live out the heroic adventures of "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy.
- Intuitive, Pick-Up-and-Play Combat System - Experience skirmishes that are satisfying and fun for the casual gamer, but with customizable upgrades and abilities that appeals to more sophisticated players.
- Upgradeable Combat - Customize Aragorn to suit your battle style by unlocking abilities and upgrading armor as the character levels up and develops.
- Unlock Special Character Abilities - Unleash powerful moves by gaining morale as players launch attack against enemies. These moves can range from offensive attacks and ranged attacks to temporary boosts during the course of the game.
- Bonus Arena Mode - Test your combat skill in a series of small battlefields set in key locations of Middle-earth. Players can earn special items by completing a series of goals, and then use those items in story mode.