About the Product
- Reach level 60 with thousands of character customizations: 4 races, 9 classes, 10 professions, 7 vocations, + over 1,000 titles, skills and traits. Over 3,500 monsters & over 500 authentic landmarks in nearly 100 million square meters of Middle-earth!
- Explore 3 new regions & 12 expansive areas of Moria. New graphics technology brings this underground realm to life like never before, with stunning vistas crafted by the Dwarves of Khazad-dûm. Delve deeper into the darkness.
- Design and create legendary items as renown as Bilbo’s Sting! Your hero’s gear will evolve and grow in power along with you, leading to truly unique end-game items!
- Fight for the dark side with monster play, the revolutionary monster vs. player (PvMP) combat feature, now with 5 more ranks, Artifact Control, and a live online leader board to showcase your achievements.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Please Note: I'm reviewing the Collector's Edition vs. the Standard Edition of the Mines of Moria. I'm *NOT* reviewing the actual Game-Play as I've barely had any time in game with this Upgrade to Lord Of The Rings Online (LOTRO) and everything so far seems to be toward bettering of gameplay and addressing many long running desires for players.
On to the review of the Collectors Edition:
The box itself is decent: It has a magnetic clasp to keep it shut and it almost looks like an oldish leather book on your shelf. But not quite.
The "collectibles" are the reason anyone would buy this over the standard edition, so let's get to them, shall we? And yes, I'm making air quotes for anyone keeping track. Oh man... awfulness doesn't even begin to describe it. The One Ring is mass produced on the cheapest of equipment. Mine has a rather large bump in one spot, probably left from the casting and not milled smooth. The script on the side leaves much to be desired. It does have text on the outside as well as inside, but the forging process which created it leaves the text looking blocky and amateurish. The "gold plate" was laughable and I'm sure it's the lightest of coatings. Don't even consider being able to wear it (Ummm... I wasn't going to, I swear!) because it's far too small for all but the tiniest of fingers and I'm willing to bet it cant be resized. The chain it came with was thin and cheap. At BEST, the overall feeling of this is as a clunky ornament that you won after playing $10 worth of skeeball at the carnival. Strike that... carny's usually produce better than this.Read more ›
Now for the but......In the Collector's Edition box you get several free items to make the role-playing experience even better. It includes 2 maps - one is a poster, of Middle Earth, and the other is cloth. I was expecting a wonderfully realistic cloth map of Middle Earth, with great details, etc. However, what I got was a map of the Moria area, not very detailed or collector item worthy. Was very disappointed with it. The other items include: "The Ring" - gold-toned, chain included, fairly realistic, inside a small black velvet pouch; a Music & Art Collection book, with cd and pictures - small, hard back, pretty cool; a Starter Guide - small, paper back, and a MUST for the first-timers; the actual game download cd's - 2 discs sturdily incased in a cd sized set of sleeves; a poster of Conquer The World Beneath - approximately 13" x 30" in size, featuring a very large Balrog with a tiny back view of Gandalph making his stand against the monster, very colorful and detailed; your Product Key with 3 Buddy Keys - so your friends can try it for 14 days free; a Quick Reference Card - a guide to all the keyboard and mouse commands; and finally, it all comes in a sturdy, texturized box to keep all your goodies together.
Please, whomever put this collector box together, REDO the cloth map!!Read more ›
1. You get a month of free VIP play. For all characters you log in during that month of VIP play, you get the gold cap removed, the virtue cap removed, quick travel unlocked and all 5 bag slots.
2. You get 2 additional character slots. For EVERY server you choose to play on.
3. You get the warden and runekeeper classes unlocked.
4. During the VIP month, you can have any characters you get to level 20 do the riding skill quest, thus saving an additional 95 TP per character. Once free again, you will have to buy the riding skill with Turbine Points.
5. Your account becomes a Premium account, a level above the basic FtP level.
In addition, this is a beautiful boxed set, the last that will ever be released for LOTRO. (After Moria, all expansions have been digital download only sadly.)
It includes a long soundtrack CD, a small sized but beautiful art book, a reasonable cloth map, and a lead loaded "one ring" in a psuedo velvet pouch.
It has also been out of print for many years, so when it is gone, it is gone forever
There have been many different bundles sold by Turbine that unlock Moria, so it is easy and pretty cheap to get that.
But with all the unlockers from the one month sub, the two character slots and the two classes, this is well worth the money.
VERY IMPORTANT THOUGH! TO get your free month of VIP play, you must enter the code before other codes, or the free month will not apply.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It sucked I couldn't play it because of the key code was used by the original ownerPublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
This box set was awesome. Magnets keep it snapped shut. The soundtrack is amazing! The maps are cool! It even has "The One Ring" as a necklace, though you couldn't wear it. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Zul'Jin
Very difficult to play. I spent months trying to figure it out, waste of time. Some ideas were good, but overall was just tough.Published 19 months ago by Ccdolfin
exactly everything I had expected it to come with and well... love the game so love the expansion as well the little collectors items that came with it...Published on September 10, 2013 by Dale Potter
The collector box was nice, it had a bit too much empty space for my liking, a more compact container would have done.Published on May 23, 2013 by Joonas Katko
For what I payed I definitely got my moneys worth. This gave me hours of enjoyment when I needed it the mostPublished on February 8, 2013 by Lordshane
my teenage son loved the necklace and ring and everything about this collector's edition package. he is not usually swayed by bells and whistles but this hit the spotPublished on December 27, 2012 by Laura V. Miller
Top notch items for the money. Nice map key board card and what not. If you play the game, then getting the expansions (this one or the regular) one are a must. Read morePublished on December 18, 2012 by Richard A. Hicks
I ordered this about a year after this expansion actually came out, and was still totally worth it! I recommend for fans of the LOTRO game.Published on December 12, 2012 by Michelle T