Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

The Lore of Still Building
Format: Paperback|Change
Price:$5.85+ $3.99 shipping

on October 22, 2014
Had some very good information overall but seriously lacked information on still building in general. I purchased this book in hopes that I'd be able to upgrade from the setup I have now. The information on stills is more basic with sketches and little detail. I was hoping for detailed engineer style drawings that I could follow. Unfortunate this was not the book you want if you already run any Kind of basic stills. Definitely still worth the five dollars I paid for it.
on November 14, 2014
I enjoyed this book very much it is an interesting read I would recommend this book for any one who likes a little history about moonshine
on February 14, 2015
its an okay book, alot of hand diagrams but not alot of very usefull info. good for a one tine read.
on January 28, 2014
The book is written in a clear and succinct way with humor thrown in for good measure. I learned what I was wanting to know.
on May 6, 2013
This is the best book I have found written on its subject: gives history, recipes, how to and tips. Enjoy.
on December 18, 2012
very very informative and interesting. History and development of alcohol production. How to build your own with high quality. Best book I've seen on the subject.
on January 23, 2008
I bought this book because I was interested in ethanol fuel production. A portion of it is dedicated to beverage production. The information on the mechanics of the still are poor. The technical information about the chemical process of ethanol production are pretty good. Being no chemist I have to rely on my common sense and how good the author communicates technical info into layman's terms. He does a good job of that.
There are lots of stupid little cartoons that don't need to be in the book. It would be a good publication had it more detailed photographs, and good pictures of a functional reflux still.
It's too bad that everyone with any sort of information is not willing to share it without a monetary exchange. Everyone wants to get rich on the internet. I was just looking for some good information on a still. I've read varing reviews on a major source selling plans for a reflux still. Some say the plans are vague, other say it's ok. I just wanted a good book on the whole process. Is it worth $11.95 plus shipping? Maybe, but I think this book is a little overblown.
on February 26, 2015
great tips
on May 9, 2009
A easily read entertaining and educational book on the history of, and with the basic instructions on how you can build your own still.
on April 20, 2011
Starts off with history. Eventually gets very technical, and you realize you can't do it. The cost margin would be crazy.