Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lorex Simulated Professional Outdoor Surveillance Camera
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on July 6, 2011
I purchased this item to use as an exterior enclosure. Most enclosures are expensive so I decided to take a chance. Removal of the dummy camera was a breeze, and installation of a real camera went without a hitch! With the pre-drilled holes for siamese cables no other alteration was needed! The bracket alone is sold for 19.00! The enclosure without the bracket is over 25.00! A real bargain, and the dummy camera can be used elsewhere! A+++
on September 26, 2011
I bought this at Fry's and was told by a clerk that it is a real camera housing. I'm not sure if this is accurate information but, nonetheless, I was very happy with the construction.

While the housing isn't what I would call heavy duty it is way better than I expected. Do a good job of making the wiring look plausible and mount it up high (so nobody can see that the dummy camera doesn't have a lens) and it will make even a professional thief worried. I replaced the fake wires with flexible conduit to make it look even more plausible.
on October 7, 2012
I am a bit of a cheapskate sometime and always look at value. This fake camera is one of the best I have seen and is a good buy. Check the size before you order; it's a little large for some residential installations, but would be perfect for any business situation. I already have a couple smaller ones on the house and garage, but wanted something for an outbuilding that would stand-out. This does the job very well. Since it's on an outbuilding a little distance from the house, I decided to modify it to make it appear to be a wireless camera. It was fairly easy to do for me since I keep a lot of electronic junk around. I removed both black 'cables' and replaced them with one pair of black/red wires to simulate a power cord. I just made a knot inside the box and pinched the other end under the mounting flange when I installed it. I drilled a hole in the back for a BNC chassis connector and used an elbow adapter and old 'rubber-duck' antenna on it. Now, it looks like a wireless camera, and not out of place on a shed. Build quality is very good and I expect it to last a long time. Having a warning sign on the property completes the security 'theater'. Most criminals look for easy targets.
on December 22, 2008
I purchased 2 of these cameras as a crime deterrent and mounted them about a month ago. The cameras came with mounting hardware for instalation on the outside of a building. The mounting bracket is heavy metal and well made, as is the housing for the camera. We have had 2 heavy storms and no water entered the housing and moisture did not form on the glass. There is only 1 thing that is a little misleading. The fake internal camera looks real on the site photo, but in reality it is a plastic initation. Nobody could tell without walking up close to it though, since the glass front masks it.
on August 26, 2012
Still looks new after 2 years of use. The lack of an LED light does not really matter as most of the real cameras I have seen do not have any lights either. Also, it would be too conspicuous to be seen changing the batteries every few weeks.
on December 26, 2013
Best alternative to an actual surveillance system I've found.

I actually have an alarm and motion-activated surveillance system in my house, but I wanted these for a detached garage that is adjacent to some disreputable neighbors. I bought three, had them screwed into the wall in five minutes, and was actually asked by another neighbor that afternoon where the recordings are stored. The looked real to her, and they look real to me.

There is a small wire that drops from the camera itself to the back-plate, giving the impression that it's wired through the wall. There is also a small red "light" that I think actually detracts from the authenticity of the thing, but that's alright. The camera is itself hidden behind a layer of tinted plastic and the metal housing, so no one would know it's fake unless they get up close.

Certainly worth the price if you're trying to protect something of little value. I just didn't want someone snooping or stealing tools, or being a nuisance. I've also used it as a housing for a Dropcam, which was also really convenient. They aren't meant for outdoor use, but if you seal it up tight and put a few packs of desiccants at the bottom, it does a great job of protecting the camera from the elements.
on October 14, 2012
Before I bought my fake surveillance cameras I had seen real cameras in an industrial park. The cameras look alike. I can't tell the difference!They look very real and are very easy to see at a great distance! They are well worth the cost.
on December 6, 2012
Read the other reviews about how this looked exactly like a real "professional" security camera and the excellent build quality. Thought that I would take a chance and went ahead and ordered it. Well, the other reviews were spot on. When I opened the box I was amazed at the weight of the camera. This thing is almost all metal construction. Although it is a simulated camera i'm sure that you could remove the fake camera and replace it with a real one quite easily. Comes with the screws and wall plugs to mount it. If you have a really close look inside then you tell it is a fake camera but where I have it mounted you would need an extension ladder to be able to look closely inside. A few reviewers complain about the lack of a blinking light but for me this is a positive. A real "professional" camera like this would not have a blinking light.
on January 12, 2012
I purchased 4 of these as a crime deterrent. I placed on 4 corners of pole building. When you stand back, it is quite impressive. The cameras have mounting hardware. The housing is made of aluminum and mounting bracket is heavy metal -- both very well made, but the bracket was slightly different in color than the housing. I agree with the other poster that the fake internal camera could be better -- its black plastic. All they need to do is have a clear plastic lens and it would be perfect but you need to get pretty close to tell. Even so, I have purchased about 20 fake cameras and these are the best so far. I also wish they had a flashing LED, but the problem with those is they all seem to use 2 AA batteries, and that only lasts a month or so. There is a lot of room inside these. I am going make a circuit
with 4 DD batteries for an LED and mod them.
on June 22, 2012
After a disappointing experience with another camera, I ordered this product and am very pleased. First, it appears absolutely REAL and mimics the appearance of all the surveillance cameras one sees on the various buildings and on tv shows. Second, it is large, formidable and well made...it stands out and is noticeable! Third, it came with all parts and instructions for mounting. It simply does the job it was bought for!