Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 10, 2013
Bought this one as a gift because we like ours.

We have it pointed so that it forewarns us when people are coming up the driveway or walking towards our front door. It makes a little beep.

We get regular Amazon package deliveries so when the delivery guy rings the bell ... I know that I don't have to rush to answer the door.

It records for a few seconds so you can review. Would be great to have a recording if your house was robbed.

Quality of the recordings are not 100% like a high quality camera but they are good enough for what we need.
on December 29, 2012
I bought the camera the camera because my 90 year old mother said someone was ringing her doorbell in the middle of the night. It was easy to use. I kept it on motion sensor recording to an SR card. Mom could not deal with a computer. It worked beautifully. We noticed she had been putting food out for the animals at night and had a veritable zoo visiting.
It's very sensitive. A wire blowing near the camera would set it off even at night.
One day I took the camera down and did not have time to put it up. I duct taped to the post and it worked for a week like that. I would recommend this camera.
I bought only one camera for the back door. I would buy one for the front if I did it again.
on October 19, 2012
This lorex accessory camera is easily paired with the lorex lw 2311 system. The wireless signal to base is good , adequate and powerful. The resolution is not high enough for fine detail identification but adequate for normal security monitoring and act as deterrent with motion detection and night vision. . It is easy to instal ( usually under roof eaves). Just make sure that you have power source nearby less than 2 m away otherwise you have to use extension.
4 helpful votes
on February 21, 2013
Purchased Dec 14th 2012. Easy to setup and get working. 40 days later the Auto Record stopped functioning all together. The monitor still alerted of motion but no recording was occurring. Lorex tech support was not able to help and the tech needed to upgrade my ticket to someone smarter. 7 days later they never returned my call with help and are not replying to emails.

AMAZON does stand behind what they sell though and issuing a full refund where the manufacturer would not help at all.

Stay away from Lorex and their products.
20 helpful votes
21 helpful votes
on March 25, 2013
Great little camera system without spending thousands of dollars. I have no complaints about the motion detection. Some times cars 75ft away set off mine. People set it off at 30ft or so. I bought the four camera system and it's perfect. Don't know about tech support because the system is so easy to set up and operate there is no need for tech support.
4 helpful votes
on September 16, 2014
love these cameras best deal for home security diy! We use these cameras so much we bought another set, these are the best DIY cameras on the market.
on May 16, 2013
This is a great start-up system for anyone. Easy set-up and no wires to run. The biggest draw back is that if you want to add two (2) more cameras, they cost as much as this system. Overall it works great for my needs and the wireless cameras have great reception through brick and sheetrock. Using the system through Skype is an added bonus, also easy set-up and use. I have recommended the system to others and they have nothing but positive feedback for this system.
on April 12, 2013
It's okay as long as you don't try to do too much with it. It serves very well as a simple video/audio monitor for the front door so I know who is there and can speak with them. The auto record does not work for me because the breeze moves the shrubs and that keeps it recording constantly. Fortunately that feature can be turned off. Have not tried to use it remotely and probably won't bother.
on December 27, 2013
My electrician set these up thinking I was concerned about humans lurking around. No, not humans, it is for the animals!

Every morning I get my coffee and sit down to review who came to visit the night before. Amazing. Many deer and buck, a nursing fawn and his mother, right on camera! Plus a fox or two, raccoons, lots of turkeys.

I've posted the videos online and everyone likes them. Very easy to set up and operate. If i can master this, so can you!
on March 12, 2013
I DID EXTENSIVE RESEARCH ON THIS PRODUCT AND FINALLY BROKE DOWN AND PURCHASED IT. I READ OVER 100 REVIEWS AND RESEARCHED MULTIPLE VENDORS TO MAKE SURE IT WOULD WORK FOR MY SITUATION. NONE OF THE REVIEWS STATED THAT IT WOULD NOT WORK IN A NORMAL HOUSE SETTING THROUGH MULTIPLE WALLS. BOTTOM LINE IS THIS.........IF YOU WANT TO PLACE THE CAMERAS OUTSIDE AND THE MONITOR INSIDE IT CAN ONLY BE ABOUT 25 FEET APART AND NO MORE. I HAVE MY TWO CAMERAS MOUNTED OUTSIDE OF THE GARAGE FACING MY DRIVEWAY AND THE MONITOR IS 57 FEET AWAY IN MY BEDROOM AND IT ONLY WORKS INTERMITTANTLY. I CALLED LOREX TECH SUPPORT AND THE TECH SAID IT WILL NOT WORK VERY WELL UNLESS I HAVE A CLEAR LINE OF SITE BETWEEN THE CAMERAS AND MONITOR, EVEN THOUGH THEY ADVERTISE THAT IT WILL WORK UP TO 150 FEET. HE BASICALLY TOLD ME TO BUY A WIRED SYSTEM BECAUSE IT WILL NOT WORK FURTHER THAN 25 FEET APART. I AM EXTREMEMLY DISAPPOINTED BECAUSE IT HAS SOME NICE FEATURES. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT IF YOU PLAN ON USING IT FOR YOUR HOME AND IT WILL BE MORE THAN 25 FEET APART.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.