Hello and welcome. I'm Whidbey Island-based author, editor, coworking space creator, and Alzheimer's care partner Lori Kane. My books can be read following three tracks: 1) Work Reimagined, 2) Remembering Your Artist Self, and 3) Befriending Grief. They're creative non-fiction and creative non-fiction/poetry hybrids. All 100 to 150 pages: an easy weekend read.
The Work Reimagined track documents the shift from the old world of work to a new one, using my own story woven into and around others' stories. If you want to read from the beginning, this is the order:
1. Different Work: Moving from I Should to I Love My Work
2. A Travel Guide for Transitions: Because Freaking Out About This by Myself Totally Sucks
3. Different Office: Stories from Self-Created, Soul-Satisfying Work Space
4. Year 1 Poet
5. Reimagination Station: Creating a Game-Changing In-Home Coworking Space
6. The Grace of Dragons: Receiving the Gifts of Dementia Care Partnering
7. Year 2 Poet (coming winter 2015)
The Remembering Your Artist Self series shares the experience of remembering my artist/poet self using poetry, illustrations, and a few essays. I plan to create five books in this series.
1. Year 1 Poet
2. Year 2 Poet
We've lived with my mom's Alzheimer's disease for more than a decade now. What an amazing ride it's been! The Befriending Grief series is for others learning to live with grief and for busy caregivers who need easy-to-do respite.
1. A Travel Guide for Transitions: Because Freaking Out About This by Myself Totally Sucks
2. Reimagination Station (documents what I did to surface the community I needed to survive and thrive as both Alzheimer's care partner and writer)
3. The Grace of Dragons: Receiving the Gifts of Dementia Care Partnering
These three books unintentionally reveal what I became capable of seeing, doing, and sharing as my mom moved from Mild- to Medium- to Advanced-stage Alzheimer's disease.
I live on Whidbey Island, Washington, USA with husband Daniel, Eva the dog, and Joe, Bella, and Batman the cats. To connect, visit our Collective Self website at www.collectiveself.com, follow me @CollectiveSelf on Twitter, or stop by for a chat on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lori-Kane/237906483079072). I'm happy to talk about anything except professional golf, web development, and erotica-series writing (what the other Lori Kanes on Amazon are writing about). ;-)