Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Lori Kennedy
As the mother of six children and two grandchildren, she appreciates how to make the most of quilting time with time saving techniques that minimize preparation and allow you to get right to the fun part--stitching!
When she's not quilting, doodling or blogging, Lori can be found hiking the trails of Minnesota with her family and two Australian Shepherds--and of course, she'll have her camera in her hand!
Customers Also Bought Items By
Machine-quilting pro Lori Kennedy has taught hundreds of quilters how to start and, more importantly, how to improve their machine quilting. Now she's packed her vast knowledge, and more than 150 up-close photos, into 25 hands-on lessons you can turn to anytime you need guidance.
Each lesson has a practice session and questions to help you evaluate what worked and where you may need a bit more practice. Whether you stitch your way through a lesson a day or save them for weekend quilting time, you'll soon be building skills and confidence, and quilting your projects with ease.
- Why it's important to start doodling (page 19)
- How to prevent drag or resistance when quilting a big quilt (page 44)
- When to mark, and ways to avoid marking pitfalls (page 72)
- How to create focal points and contrast with your quilting (page 116)
Discover how to machine quilt creative designs the easy way. More than 60 striking quilting motifs are at your fingertips in this comprehensive visual guide to free-motion machine quilting. Lori Kennedy takes you through each step of the process with easy-to-understand instructions and a multitude of clear, close-up photos so you won't miss a stitch.
- Learn to quilt dozens of unique and clever motifs, including flowers, animals, zigzags, swirls and twirls, and much more
- Give your next project that irresistible pop of texture you've been looking for--many of these designs aren't found in other quilting books
- Convenient lay-flat spiral binding makes the instructions easy to follow while you quilt
No fancy machine needed, no Ph.D. in quilting required--start free-motion quilting right now! Best-selling author Lori Kennedy is back with 60+ fun motifs and tons of tips, tricks, and techniques that can turn you into a top-notch machine quilter (yes, YOU!).
- Follow Lori's setup plan for stress-free stitching; then learn about doodling, troubleshooting, and mastering the perfect stitch.
- Put your pedal to the metal! Lori's seasonal and holiday motifs, backgrounds and fills, and "just for fun" designs will infuse your quilts with personality.
- Find advice for many machine-quilting challenges, including a section on how to quilt extra-special quilts--Lori's got loads of ideas to help you succeed!