Oil month Automotive HPC World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on September 13, 2013
It's the same as the original "Wheat Belly Cookbook" By William Davis MD with about 15 or 16 new recipes added at the end. I was hopping for a completely different cookbook since I already had the other one. This is no reflection on the seller but rather on the author. Instead of changing the cover and adding a few new recipes at the end and calling it a new cookbook he should have taken the time to collect a completely new set of recipes and cooking tips.
22 comments| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 26, 2013
I found the upfront information about the wheat and the changes it has gone through were fascinating. I had suspected the wheat was causing me problems as I rarely at it as a child. I have been trying to avoid it, but did not know what to substitute in my cooking. This book has a wonderful section on the substitutions for wheat and how they would affect various recipes, taste, texture, etc which has really been helpful. I believe I was addicted. My cravings for all foods have diminished, sweets are now much too sweet for me now and my entire diet has changed just on its own. I have avoided wheat for about 2 months now thanks to this book and the recipes and info provided. Also I have started asking when I eat out and I am surprised at the number of restaurants that have gluten free choices. Good book!
on November 10, 2015
This is an awesome cookbook that allows you to stay wheat free and even have some great desserts and still loose weight. I did not start the Wheat Free Diet to loose weight. I am an avid runner in my sixties and was only around 175 in weight. I had been a 34 inch waist for the last 30 years. I dropped the wheat and have lost down to a 32 inch waist and 155 pounds. I feel much more healthy and in my sixties I really would like to stay around until my nineties. I think this Wheat Free Diet will allow me to do so.
on December 19, 2013
There was a day that Wheat was Wheat and then science got their nose into trying to make it better. They wanted Wheat to last longer and be more resistant to bugs. Now we know that Wheat is paste to the intestines, delivers excess calories and has been tributes to many diseases. This book will give you more data to make wiser choices. I am an almost reformed Wheat lover......
on December 18, 2017
I have collected many cookbooks for my low carb w.o.e. over the past 11 years, and this is the best I have found. Recipes are easy to follow,all low-carb as well as grain-free(it is not easy to find one that is both). Most recipes are simple, and most ingredients can be found in your local grocery or Walmart. All his books are great, I believe his take on how we should be eating is the best one:
low carb(15 grams per meal) and grain free. Highly recommend!
on April 17, 2013
I look forward to getting off wheat, and these recipes will help. I am sick of gluten free products that are full of various starches, and that don't hold together. These bread recipes sound great and are full of really nutritious ingredients.
0Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 11, 2015
Great cookbook with different recipes than the 30 minute recipe book. It is like the 150 recipe book, but with 15 additional recipes. Dr. Davis finally found the MAGIC PILL for EASILY and permanently losing weight and keeping it off!
on December 27, 2017
So nice to have all these tips. It's way easier than I thought to ditch wheat, and after a week, you don't miss it. I don't even have to be super strict to reap the benefits of being leaner and have less inflammation. My A1c got lower without doing anything else.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 9, 2013
This is an eye-opening book. We read it cover to cover and then went on a gluten-free diet, also rejecting GMO products.
We've gotten over many of our allergies and reduced our inflammation-related illnesses. Now there are many restaurants and bakeries in the Bay Area, offering gluten-free products - but the recipes in the book also give some tasty alternatives to conventional bread and pasta products. Highly recommended reading, and good suggestions to follow.
on July 15, 2017
When I received the book I realized it is the same book as "The Wheat Belly Cookbook" by the same author. The recipes are identical and both books were published in the same year. Excellent Book with excellent recipes. I love the Crepes with Strawberries and Ricotta as well as the oriental chicken salad and oriental dressing
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse