Other Sellers on Amazon
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link," you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message & data rates may apply.
The Loss of a Pet Paperback – September 1, 2005
There is a newer edition of this item:
Enhance your purchase
Frequently bought together
From the Back Cover
A cherished pet gives you boundless, unconditional love and occupies a special place in your routine, your home, and your heart. When your pet dies, that warm, special place becomes a sad, empty space. This book helps you understand:
- The grieving process, including typical stages of grief and techniques for coping
- Grieving for a missing pet, one you had to give up because of a change in life situation, and other difficult circumstances
- Children and the death of a pet
- Euthanasia, including important considerations
- Religion and the death of a pet, with articles by various religious leaders
- Aftercare facilities, including an extensive index of pet cemeteries, crematories, and memorial gardens
The Loss of a Pet, Third Edition has new expanded information, is filled with practical suggestions, resources, and most importantly, compassion and understanding. This important book helps you cope and reassures you that you are not alone.
About the Author
- Publisher : Howell Book House; Third edition (September 1, 2005)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 276 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0764579304
- ISBN-13 : 978-0764579301
- Item Weight : 15.8 ounces
- Dimensions : 6.1 x 0.7 x 9.1 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #714,000 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My best friend and I just have suffered a terrible tragic loss of Solomon, a young feline companion that died very suddenly from choking. The Loss of A Pet is a lifeline for our broken hearts. One final note: The Chapter on our pets going to heaven is so comforting. Thank you Dr. Sife for helping the reader travel down this dark road.