- File Size: 1945 KB
- Print Length: 141 pages
- Publication Date: October 6, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00O16ISQC
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #917,332 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Lost and Found (Discovery Series Book 1) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
When Ella and Jack run into each other, it's been 10 years Jack and his family moved to NYC. Now back in London, Jack and his brother Alex are busy artists making a good living. It's not too long before Alex finds out Ella is a Domme, but only because he, also, is a Dom. Keeping her secret, as it's hers to tell, it's no wonder Jack thinks the only reason Ella doesn't want to get back together is because of his brother. Oh how wrong he is!
When he does find out why Ella hid her work from him, the only thing that gets him upset is that he thought she couldn't trust him. Ella comes clean about her past, and also about how she felt when he moved away. They work through their relationship and Jack does what it takes to make Ella happy - which means becoming her sub. I truly appreciate having a female in charge. Almost every book out there is only alpha male this and "male Dom" that. It's truly annoying how one sided books seem to be getting, so it really made me happy to read about a male who was a sub and not some alpha jerk. How refreshing!
Side note: I found it confusing how most characters drank in the club. Most BDSM clubs in the northeast part of the US do not allow alcohol to be served- they want everyone to be sober enough to engage in the Safe, Sane, Consensual motto. I don't know if the characters having drinks was added as something for them to do just for effect. I do know the author is from the UK, so laws and things might be different there. Therefore, I can't really comment that's it's "right or wrong" but it did make me curious.
I love that Jack admits to being surprised that a woman in charge can be hot - yes guys, we can take charge and it's not so bad...how about that?!
Kudos to the author for having both characters discuss that they're both clean. It's important to communicate with someone you sleep with and care about.
Major additional points given for for mentioning aftercare. In all these BDSM books I've seen aftercare is rarely mentioned. It's just as important and the consent. I also like that Ella walked Jack through what the lifestyle is like. She wasn't pushy, abusive, or judgmental, and she let him learn at his own pace. That's the way it should be.
What kept me from giving this a solid 5 were two things:
1. One night Ella's sister comes home very drunk and instead of worrying about what is, she worries about what could have happened to her. Of course it's a viable concern, but a lecture on alcohol shouldn't be due to "protection". While I understand everyone should be responsible for themselves, I do not condone victim blaming. Intoxication is NOT an invitation!
2. Part of this concern stems from what happened to Ella from an abusive ex - although Ella was not drunk at the time of the occurrence. This horrific, 3 day tragedy led to her becoming a Dominatrix. Why does a woman have to suffer some sort of abuse to become a Domme? That's not the only reason some of us want to be in control. I was a Domme on multiple occasions, and nothing bad ever happened to me. Submission is not gender specific- most of the subs with whom I've worked were actually men. Some of us are naturally Dominant and/or alpha females and we CAN just be naturally strong and assertive. What almost no one points out is that it's also true that some men become Doms for similar reasons: they didn't get the pretty girls in high school, they were constantly seeking daddy's approval growing up, blah blah blah...
Charlotte (Lottie), Ella's sister does a lot of disappearing and mysterious acts in this book, so she's probably the "new client" Ella's partner Isobel keeps referring to. And oh how I love Izzy! She's smart, sassy, and a full on Domme! I can't wait to read about her!
Ella and Jack are two people who need to be together. Torn apart at a young age, are they able to rekindle their feelings for each other???
Ella has faced tragedies in her life - is she able to leave them in the past and move on with her future???
Jack has returned to London and to the only girl he has ever loved - can he see past her career to continue loving her???
Alex, Lottie and Izzy make this whole story a lot of fun.
Congrats Megan on a brilliant story with wonderful characters.
I look forward to reading the next installment in the series.
Most recent customer reviews
Fast read never a full morning
The love I felt between jack and Ella you feel it 💗💗💗💗