Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on February 5, 2016
Poignant, sad, feel-good, with some suspense. It's not the suspenseful ride I usually go for, but it was a beautiful ride. A journey that opened my mind and made me think and realize how short and sweet life is and how important it is to embrace it and those you love while you can. Before it's too late. Before you find yourself clutching someone's pillow to your nose at 3 o'clock a.m and wishing you'd done things differently.
5 people found this helpful
on March 14, 2016
I love dogs, so I bought this book expecting it to be a nice kind of syrupy read. Was I ever wrong! This book was ever so much more, and I loved every minute of being wrapped up in this novel. The characters were well developed and beautifully delivered, as descriptive and poignant as poetry.

Anyone who loves reading books with animals playing roles every much as important as those of the human characters would find "Lost and Found" a gem.
3 people found this helpful
on August 9, 2017
This novel is a little deeper and better written than its contemporaries. It's a story of loss and mystery - a little romance, and a great dog.

The following is a little 'tell' so don't read if you don't want to know. The dog doesn't die. I hate books where the dog dies.
2 people found this helpful
on March 22, 2017
Surprising , off beat relatable protagonist
Starting over after experiencing great loss leads to an interesting cast of characters and relationships
And who doesn't want to read about black labs and their human
Thoroughly enjoyable read
on July 1, 2012
The first two books I read on my kindle Fire were A Dog's Purpose and A Dog's Journey, and I loved them! I wanted to red another "dogs eye view" kind of novel, but there I was sitting on the deck of a B&B in Maine, miles from a bookstore. Browsing Amazon, I noticed this book suggested for readers of Bruce Cameron's books, AND there was a Kindle edition. Without thinking, I bought it, and suddenly there it was on my Kindle! OK, now i get it!

This book was all that I hoped, as it was told from the mixed viewpoints of both Rocky, the owner, and the dog. Rocky is a psychologist turned animal control officer who is coping with the loss of her husband, and has fled to the solitude of Peak's Island in Maine to escape the world and find herself. She also finds and saves a wounded dog, and the story is off and running. I identified with Rocky, and I liked the fact that the book was written much in the same vein as A Dog's Purpose.

If you enjoy Bruce Cameron's work, you will surely enjoy this one, as well as its sequel Picture This: A Novel (P.S.) by the same author.
on October 13, 2013
I love my beautiful big Black Lab. I was looking for something warm and fuzzy to read, that is the reason I picked out this book. I did not know that Rocky was going to lose her husband to death just as I did 32 years ago. On both these two counts she had me locked in. She did the best job I have yet seen of describing the torchered hell that any young wife goes through when her young and life partner suddenly disappears out of her arms, her life, and her bed. This book is well written with a little more intrigue and action that I had expected. If you love your dog, and you understand every word he says, and he knows what you need before you need it; then you will not regret for moment getting to know Rocky and Loyd. I recommend it.
on June 12, 2017
I enjoyed this book. It takes the reader through the tragedy of personal loss; the emotions can be overwhelming at times. The story, though complex, shows how a pet can help ease personal pain and bring healing. To throw into the plot a potential murderer, it does have exciting moments.
on October 14, 2016
Entertaining story. The book drew me in with the cover picture; as it turns out, the dog is central to the story but it is about much more than the dog. The protagonist is coming to grips with the death of her beloved husband, and the story is set in a small community with memorable characters. There is also a mystery to be solved, revolving around the dog. Very enjoyable read.
on April 11, 2013
I admit I chose this novel for it's jacket cover. After reading THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN I am hooked on dog stories as much as the dogs I own. But this isn't your everyday sugar coated dog story. It delves into our deepest fears and heartaches. The author is very good a laying out the characters in the novel, even the dog's. It has the ability to unnerve you in some parts, and give you inner peace in others. Great ending! Oh, and did I mention the dog is loyal, kind, intelligent and true to his breed?
on October 15, 2013
I thought this was a wonderful book. I am a devoted dog person, but many people are not, and they never seem to understand those of us who are. Maybe now they will. This is a beautiful story of a wonderful dog who helps to heal the broken people in his orbit. If you are a dog lover, it will touch your heart in a special way. Even if you are not a dog lover, I believe you will love this story.
You just come away from it feeling better.

This is a keeper, and I will read it again.