Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 68 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 82 reviews
on May 4, 2016
I think the value for a plasma cutter tig combo is very good, however, since tig is my primary interest, I should have gone for AHP instead, which has more functionality on the tig front, including AC.

Observations:
0. Ground Cable is very very short which is a huge pain. I'll need to replace that.
1. Doesn't come with the Pedal, that will cost you another $100
2. Doesn't come with 120 plug (pigtail). From vendor, that is another $35
3. Tig torch is decent (WP17), but hose is not flexible (pretty lousy). The torch connector is the same as for the Eastwood and older AHP, so you can get an upgraded CK flex cable. The connector coming from the welder is a "M16" threaded adapter. The folks that sell HTP have a CK hose/torch combo you can upgrade with.
4. Plasma cutter works decent. It doesn't have pilot arc, so you might have to touch off to get it to work. The lotos combo machine that does have pilot arc is LTPDC2000D. I blew through the first set of consumables pretty quick, so you should buy extras if you plan to use this very much at all. The better torches get more mileage out of their consumables, but those are relatively cheap for this cutter.
5. Although this welder doesn't have all the features of the better tig machines, the arc seems stable and consistent. The high frequency start is "freaking awesome". If you are doing DC only, for the price, the performance of this machine is good.
6. If you are looking to weld Aluminum, you need AC, and this machine does not do that. Look at AHP or other dedicated machines.
7. Finish: Machine looks very good and feels solid. It is the prettiest machine in my shop.
8. The quality of the additional stuff, like the argon regulator/flow meter, and compressor regulator (for plasma) seems cheap. The first regulator didn't work at all, and I've had minor issues with the second. These components should probably be upgraded.
69 helpful votes
70 helpful votes
on February 29, 2016
When I ordered this I used Prime in case it did not work. I did a lot of research on this before purchasing and that was mostly the only complaint about this. I was not spared, mine did not work when it arrived I placed a request for a replacement in. It was the Christmas holiday and it would be about a week before the replacement would arrive. so I took the cover off and found that a wire running across the top circuit board had broken off. I solder the wire on and it worked. I suspect most of the not working complaint from people could be avoided if these units were checked for proper operation before shipping to the final customer. I think that boat ride can place a lot of stress on vulnerable areas, Other than that, I did some other exploring when I had the cover off, This is constructed out of quality name brand components, I saw Toshiba, TI, Sanyo just to name a few. So if you are familiar with electronics and can follow a circuit, buy it. If not Use Amazon prime and do an exchange if it doesn't work. Because this works extremely good, This is a non contact high frequency start, it is not a pilot arc. You have to have an area cleanish to start cutting unlike pilot arc that will burn through rust or paint to start the plasma cutting this need the smallest amount of conductive metal to start cutting, it will continue cutting after that unless you try cutting way to fast.
91 helpful votes
92 helpful votes
on October 3, 2017
this CT520 plasma/ tig welder is a toy . not enough power. they don't make their own standard consumables for it the plasma gun nozzle protector, they do make them for their other equiptments. I need an RMA asap I purchased this on Aug 1st but did not try to use it till about two weeks ago every part is inferior what can I do to send it back and buy something that will do what it says ie a more powerful plasma cutter and a better TIG >? please contact me about this I have tried to contact seller but because I cannot speak via the phone due to a handicap, I am at the mercy of this seller ? I was laugh at when I went to a local welding store (Keen Gas) hen I asked for some advise about this manufacturer?
2 helpful votes
on March 15, 2016
real easy to use
2 helpful votes
on November 6, 2016
was inpressed with it performance and it got to me very quicly
on August 5, 2015
Good product, but manual was for a different model.
on April 29, 2016
Stick weld lead
on March 18, 2016
Order along with this unit more consumables. I fried the plasma cup the first day getting used to it.
Make sure you also purchase the Leveton 2-p,3w single lock wall plug if you don't already have one.
U weld didn't have a clue and thought since I purchased the 110 pigtail was good enough.
Even the directions say for full capacity should use 220.
I've used the arc welder at 110 and was successful however the machine / bead wasn't up to par. I finally got my 220 plug in working.
I'm very happy with the arc weld portion and I put the plasma cutter to work. It cut 3/16's but must not rush . Tried 1/2" plasma cutting
but it simply wasn't enough to cut all the way through. I'm used to the tech school's plasma cutter, high end, I hope with more practice the machine and I will get through the thicker cuts. I may buy another oxy/acet torch set up for the thicker metals. All in all, after a quite a bit of research finding the correct wall plug, I'm happy with this unit and it will help me finish my 2nd log splitter build.
24 helpful votes
25 helpful votes
on March 24, 2013
Best Compact machine I have ever used straight from the box. Did not have a air pressure switch to keep from using the plasma without air, so I lost the first tip after a few uses when we forgot to turn the compressor back on.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on May 12, 2014
I have mixed feelings about this welder.
Right off the bat, the stick welder and plasma cutting functions work very well! More than I expected from something in this price range. The Tig functions are where I get a bit more critical. Right off the bat my unit did not come with a pedal as was advertised. I haven't been able to find one anywhere. Also the argon regulator works, but makes a loud buzzing sound and will not flow over 12cfm which, especially without a pedal, makes it very difficult to weld. Also on all three modes, don't expect very accurate arc stability/control as the amperage seems pretty inconsistent.

Apart from that, it's a reasonably good unit that has worked well since I received it. With a pedal and new regulator it would be great :)
13 helpful votes