HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on November 24, 2012
We purchased this as a gift, having to send it directly to the recipient. We did not receive the same ecstatic phone call as we have before with other items, so knew that something wasn't right. As it turns out, other family members who did get to see it (and agreed that other brooches we had sent as gifts were beautiful) noted that this one was a huge disappointment.

Bottom Line: The jewel in the center looks like a craft jewel.

You know it's bad when your Grandmother finds every way to say "thank you" for a gift without actually having to say anything specific about it! Moreover, when finally with her in person, we showed her the picture online and she said, "Oh, it does look beautiful in the picture... Now I see why you thought I'd like it... It's too bad it didn't look as nice in person!"

Ouch. Skip this brooch, there are other beautiful brooches available.
6 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on June 6, 2012
Overall: the color of the actual brooch is 1-2 shades darker than the intensely-lit display photo. Otherwise it is accurately represented and very pretty. The back does have obvious imperfections like another poster mentioned(small dents, marks, black dots etc.), which does not affect the look of the brooch and I'm okay with.

However, there are a few problems I do care about: 1)At least 3 of the small rhinestones on the petals have either fallen off and been glued back or were placed there precariously in the first place. I'm really afriad of losing them, which would render the entire brooch unusable. 2) The pin in the back is thin and weak, as this is a large brooch on the heavier side, I'm a little concerned of its sturdiness. 3) The box, while unique and pretty as advertised, looks used and old with dirt marks and torn edges. Had it been a gift, I would be embarrassed to use this box.

But the brooch does deliver the overall beauty promised, and should look fantanstic on the person. Hence the 3 star.
11 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on March 15, 2017
It's a lovely brooch but to my disappointment today when I wanted to wear it I saw pin clip broken. I'm so upset!!!!
But I went back and ordered another since I love it so much
on March 12, 2013
The pin arrived in a beautiful box and wrapped to ensure you receive in perfect condition. Thank you. I opened the box and wow does this pin sparkle. It is simply gorgeous. The workmanship is of superb quality. The pin makes a statement. And looks beautiful on my black suit coat. Superior product. Very well made. Looks very rich looking. And the center stone is so beautiful. Can't stop looking at it. Sparkles so pretty. Will definately buy from seller again. Thanks so much!!!😄😄😄super fast delivery too.
VINE VOICEon January 2, 2012
This pin is even prettier in person than it is in the picture. The center jewel is a very bright, vivid pink and the lighter pink petals compliment it perfectly. We bought this as a gift for my sister-in-law and pinned it on a cream colored cashmere scarf; it looked beautiful.

It arrived in a really neat, pretty little jewelry box, so if you're giving this as a gift you don't need to worry about packaging. The box it comes in looks great in a gift bag! We are very pleased with this purchase.
One person found this helpful
on January 19, 2012
I bought this pin for my mother-in-law for Christmas. It was far more beautiful in person than in the picture, I'm not sure a picture could truly capture the brilliance of the brooch when you get it into the light. The sparkle is really just outstanding. Also, the box it comes in is lovely as well. My mother-in-law says she adores it, and receives plenty of complements.
2 people found this helpful
on June 27, 2014
I gave this brooch to my mother for a mother of the bride gift and she absolutely loved it! I was worried that it would look hokey like at the discount costume jewelry shops, but it was actually very nice like department store level.
on September 27, 2014
Very pretty. The only thing I would change on it is the center stone. It does not go well with the entire pin and makes it look a bit cheap. But otherwise a very pretty pin, and I will wear it.
on December 2, 2015
The stones started falling out immediately. I sent it back. Which is a shame because its really lovely
on November 11, 2016
It really goes on a hast or coats. It's very big and heavy but pretty.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.