Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 12 reviews
on September 4, 2013
Like the jazz he played, Armstrong's words are lyrical and poetic. I got into the rhythm of the words and it made me feel as if he were talking to me personally, telling me his story. A must read for fans of Louis Armstrong.
on October 26, 2013
c'mon, who can read about swiss kriss and not like it? Nice to read authentic stuff and not by some educated writer who'd mischaracterize the story and phrases by editing or simplifying too much. This is a very different writing style and gives one a great picture of a time gone by.
on April 11, 2016
Expensive book. Annotated to the max. I bought it because I wanted to read L.A.'s thoughts myself. Very glad he made the effort to write down his own memories. Thank you, Louis Armstrong.
on August 20, 2015
Interesting glimpse into the personal life of famous "Satchmo". In some chapters, perhaps more than I was interested in knowing. Found the first chapter especially of interest to me.
on October 17, 2015
he writes like he plays, uniquely
on August 15, 2013
Shows the man behind the trumpet: Mr. Armstrong spoke through his music but he also had a lot to offer via the written word. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
on November 16, 2014
A very good read in Louie's own words.
on March 26, 2014
Book was listed as "Very Good" but looks BRAND NEW to me. Even the dust jacket looks perfect! Not a scratch on it. The book was well wrapped & delivered well before the "3 - 4 weeks" anticipated arrival time. I am VERY SATISFIED & would not hesitate to order from BookBuyers OnLine again!
on February 25, 2000
If you like jazz, Armstrong, "Potato Head Blues," or life itself, read this book.