Top positive review
24 people found this helpful
Well worth the money
on October 9, 2012
I consider the Louis Raphael ROSSO Men's Washable Wool-Blend Flat-Front Dress Pant a good buy. I bought 2 pairs.
I have been a Lands End customer since the 1980s. I am leaving and searching for new brands because of my perceived feeling that the quality of product is deteriorating. These pants are ½ to 1/3 the price I would pay at Lands End.
I generally buy suit separates. As far as I know these are dress pants without a matching jacket option.
* The price
* A wide well constructed inner waistband similar to but not exactly like the Ban-roll waist band
* The generous belt loops. I wear a larger belt that doesn't always fit dress pants.
* Very nice fit and finish
* The waist band expander will come in handy if I gain weight. I strive to drop a few pounds. That doesn't always work out.
* Washable - I haven't tried this yet. If it works, it will be a real money saver.
* The fabric is course to the touch, all the 100% wool pants I have are smoother or if they have a brushed nap finish - softer.
* The zipper works great when held taught using both hands. It has the feeling that it will derail when operated with one hand. It hasn't derailed yet. It may never derail. Other pants with other zippers that I own have a feel to them that inspires more confidence.
* The back pockets could be deeper. I carry a larger bi-fold [as opposed to most men who carry a tri-fold] wallet. It measures 4×5 and it is about 1 inch thick in the center. When put in the pocket in the upright position, it is a tight fit to button the pocket. In fact, the back pocket button has popped off one of the pairs. I have a Buttoneer and spare buttons, so it is an easy fix. If I flip the wallet with the 4" side up to the top of the pocket the problem is solved. That is not the natural position for the wallet however. This is not the first time I have had this problem. I have experienced this problem with pants costing 5 times as much.
* The charcoal gray pants that arrived are a couple of shades lighter than what I saw on the website. That's no big deal. It's just an observation. What I received deviates from what I orders somewhat in color, but no so much that I would return the product - even with free returns.