Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Louis Raphael ROSSO Men's Washable Wool-Blend Flat-Front Dress Pant
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on October 9, 2012
I consider the Louis Raphael ROSSO Men's Washable Wool-Blend Flat-Front Dress Pant a good buy. I bought 2 pairs.

I have been a Lands End customer since the 1980s. I am leaving and searching for new brands because of my perceived feeling that the quality of product is deteriorating. These pants are ½ to 1/3 the price I would pay at Lands End.

I generally buy suit separates. As far as I know these are dress pants without a matching jacket option.

The Good
* The price
* A wide well constructed inner waistband similar to but not exactly like the Ban-roll waist band
* The generous belt loops. I wear a larger belt that doesn't always fit dress pants.
* Very nice fit and finish
* The waist band expander will come in handy if I gain weight. I strive to drop a few pounds. That doesn't always work out.
* Washable - I haven't tried this yet. If it works, it will be a real money saver.

Observation
* The fabric is course to the touch, all the 100% wool pants I have are smoother or if they have a brushed nap finish - softer.

Minor criticisms
* The zipper works great when held taught using both hands. It has the feeling that it will derail when operated with one hand. It hasn't derailed yet. It may never derail. Other pants with other zippers that I own have a feel to them that inspires more confidence.
* The back pockets could be deeper. I carry a larger bi-fold [as opposed to most men who carry a tri-fold] wallet. It measures 4×5 and it is about 1 inch thick in the center. When put in the pocket in the upright position, it is a tight fit to button the pocket. In fact, the back pocket button has popped off one of the pairs. I have a Buttoneer and spare buttons, so it is an easy fix. If I flip the wallet with the 4" side up to the top of the pocket the problem is solved. That is not the natural position for the wallet however. This is not the first time I have had this problem. I have experienced this problem with pants costing 5 times as much.

Amazon
* The charcoal gray pants that arrived are a couple of shades lighter than what I saw on the website. That's no big deal. It's just an observation. What I received deviates from what I orders somewhat in color, but no so much that I would return the product - even with free returns.
on February 24, 2013
Ordering dress pants online can be risky business, right? We've all got different body types, so there's nothing better than the dressing room to make sure that what you see in the picture or on the rack actually looks good on. So, it was with a little apprehension that I ordered these in hopes of avoiding the disappointment of a poor fit or an experiment in size gone wrong! I was very pleasantlyl surprised. Not only did the pants material feel expensive, but the fit was close to a tailored look . Nothing like the disappointment of realizing you're wearing a one-size-fits-all garment. No worries here. But here's where you can make a big mistake... the hidden adjustable panel. For guys that think that means you order a waist one size smaller than normal, don't! There's not that much "give" in these at all. Choose your normal waist and you'll be happy with the rest.
on June 21, 2013
I was worried about some of the reviews that said the material was too thin, but the material is fine. It's actually difficult to find washable wool blend pants these days. I refuse to wear all-synthetic pants to work, so having washable wool blend pants is a nice compromise on regular work days when I don't have to wear a 100% wool suit with 100% wool pants for formal meetings and presentations.

Being able to throw these in the washer on the cold delicate cycle is a huge plus -- feels much more sanitary than wearing 100% wool pants all week, even if the 100% wool pants are dry cleaned regularly. And of course these washable wool pants save a ton on dry cleaning bills.

I bought three pairs of these pants and intend to buy many more.
on June 6, 2012
I really like the Louis Raphael pants. Material is comfortable to the skin. If you hang them as soon as the dryer is done they won't wrinkle. They do not bleed in the washer. The band works well too. Allows for a more comfortable fit around the waste. Not many people are an exact waste size. The band in the these allows for movement around the waste area. Great price too.
on May 9, 2013
Pants material is a very light weight and very thin wool blend material( you feel the wool), the overall design is a slim fit with average rise, pants length on this pair was correct however a second pair of the same pants, different color, was shorter in length than marked, waist was slightly snugger on one pair than other. As mentioned the pants are a slim cut for those who like the skinny fit pants.
on March 10, 2016
They look and feel very very nice! Until they are washed a few times and they seem to lose their crease and shape a bit. Nothing terrible but they are definitely not lasting the way I would hope. These are not expensive pants so I don't mind too much but I feel it is enough to take them from being an outstanding purchase to just a very good purchase.
on June 29, 2015
Very nice pants overall. However, all three pairs (tan, gray, and black) were about six inches longer than they were supposed to be. That is, they were about 36” at the inseam instead of the ordered 30”. Two of the three had factory paper tags labelled “30”.” The third pair had apparently been sold and returned previously; the paper tags had been removed but the interior label said, “30”.” Once shortened, they were fine.
on October 9, 2013
I purchased these pants because I have the exact same pair purchased from a retail store about 6 months prior to this purchase. I really liked the pants, and wanted to be able to wear something similar more frequently without having to do laundry more frequently. The first, older, pair of pants are still holding up just fine, with some minor fraying on the belt loops.

However, this newer pair purchased from Amazon failed relatively quickly. the outside seams just below the front/side pockets have pulled apart, equally, on both sides. One can see my boxers through these large holes. I am not heavy set at all, and these pants fit perfectly (not tight in the thigh at all). So, I don't understand the quality difference or the failure, but I want others to be forewarned. Be aware, and watch for it to happen before you go past the date on which you may initiate a return (this happened to me).
on January 29, 2013
I bought these because I am tall and thin and cannot find pants that fit my waist and long legs. They look nice but you may want to consider that the fabric may not hold the crease through several wash/dry cycles and some wrinkles may not come out in one wash cycle. the real world result is that you should be prepared to iron these after their first wash and then touch them up every so often.

One other point that initially bothered me. These pants have an internal layer of slick cloth that reaches down to about the knee. I was sure these would be a pain to iron because of this, but I have not had a problem and would say that they are fairly easy to iron. Many folks in other reviews of this brand pointed out that they felt cool and would possibly not protect you in cold weather, I would bet though that this extra cloth would help keep you warm.

I will update this after a few months to reflect on how long they last.
on December 16, 2012
I've been buying this brand/style of pants for a few years because I like the fit. Must have moved manufacturing to New site, because this pair did not have the same fit as the ones in my closet. My weight fluctuates, so will save them for the time of year that I am smaller. A bit disappointed, but to be expected when companies go for quantity over quality.