Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Louis Vuitton: Art, Fashion and Architecture
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on September 23, 2009
This is a ginormous book chronicling all of the wonderful collaborations LV has done with artists and photographers. It's large format, full color, beautiful paper and an impressive collection. Whether you are a collector or just a fan this book provides plenty of reference material and inspiration. From Takashi Murakami to Stephen Sprouse to Richard Prince and many, many others this showcases all of the wonderful designs that have come from these artistic mashups. It's all here and looks fabulous. For fans of the artists and for LV lovers this is a visual treat and highly recommended.
on April 20, 2011
For those that are curious, this is the same book as the Exclusive Edition one available in LV boutiques and the online store for $130. The only difference is the cover art work, 5 multiple colored tassels for bookmarking, and the plastic slipcase found on the Exclusive Edition. Otherwise, the content of the book is exactly the same.

I was debating between purchasing this book and the Louis Vuitton: The Birth of Modern Luxury. After browsing through both books at my local LV boutique, I realized that they are actually quite different and intended for different audience. For me, I was immediately drawn to the art works and worldwide architecture designs and photos in the Art, Fashion, and Architecture book and how they relate to the overall image and designs of the company's products. Numerous color photos of great past and current LV ads as well as display window pictures are another attraction that drew me to purchase this book. Basically, I think of the The Birth of Modern Luxury as a "library, archival, historical" type of book while the Art, Fashion, and Architecture as the actual "modern, fashionable, and diverse" offering. I believe if you are into beautiful, high quality pictures and less reading, then this should be the choice between the two books.

Personally, I actually prefer this Standard Edition over the Exclusive Edition simply because I don't need the slipcase and find the cover design on the Exclusive Edition a bit too cartoon-like.
This is really one of the nicest coffee table books I've ever purchased both in design and quality. My book arrived in pristine condition and Amazon did a great job packing and shipping. A note regarding the binding issue some other reviewers brought up, the copy at the LV boutique looks like it's been opened and flattened for a prolonged period and although the pages are well attached, they did look like you might be able to tear a page loose if you flip the page too hard or fast. It is however the same with the other large format LV books in the store made by different publishers. I believe this is just the way they make large format books with nice thick glossy papers. As long as you don't press the book open, you will never have to worry about binding issues.
on October 2, 2009
The contents of this book are wonderful, edgy photography, great subject matter.
If you are expecting just fashion, this is not the book for you. It contains storefronts, (hint:architecture in the title), art and just enough fashion to satisfy a woman. The actual book I received is a little shoddy.The binding does not seem strong and it feels the pages may come out with a lot of use. There also was
tearing on the title page next to the spine, this is a new book and I am a liitle
disappointed in the condition.
on November 5, 2010
This book really is for architect buffs. I thought it would go into more fashion history but it really is about architecture and interior design.
on January 14, 2012
This is a visually stunning book detailing the fashion and architectural beauty created by LV. The book is loaded with beautiful color photography illustrating LV various creations (fashion, handbags, shoes...etc) as well as various shots showing the beautiful LV stores across the globe (the shots are both exterior & interior).
There are also some short chapters explaining the sources of inspiration behind the different collections.
The book takes an A-Z format detailing all the designers and artists who collaborated with LV.
Highly recommended for all LV fans and anyone interested in beautiful fashion books.
on September 3, 2015
Purchased this for my wife as a gift. She loves LV and I surprised her with this book. It's an interesting book, definitely a coffee table stunner. The photos from around the world are great to see. It is an oversized book, so if you plan on putting this on a shelf it will not fit most standard shelves.
on March 20, 2011
If you are looking for a book that provides you with information on design architecture and fashion then this book is a great investment. It is a substantial book which is broken down into different chapters that show case the collaboration of Louis Vuitton with some of the fashion greats. The photos are a mix of fashion items and store details so that you get a complete picture. I loved this book; it takes you around the world and gives you a peak into the high end stores that Louis Vuitton has created.
on May 23, 2013
I saw this book in a book store and then saw on Amazon how much cheaper it was to buy. The best part is that I removed the paper cover and the actual book cover is white and embossed. I put that on my coffee table and it looks super sleek. Then on the reverse side of the paper coverlet 'louis vuitton' is written in black and hot pink. I put that in a large picture frame and hung it on my wall. Now I have a two for one decorating gift to myself.
on December 31, 2012
Being I'm a Vuitton addict......I was pleased with the purchase. I thought the price was great, but the poster/cover with a sticker placed on it was just not so great to me. I guess I was expecting more. Overall the book itself is great. Would have loved just a cover with the design embellished on it, instead of a glossy sticker with a somewhat rippled effect.
on December 6, 2012
This was a gift for a family member that had asked for this book. I am not a fan of Louis Vuitton's logo, but my daughter-in-law is a big fashion bug and loves this book. For me the price was great at amazon.comand arrived quickly and in perfect shape!