Bubble Witch Saga 3 Vehicles Review HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on March 3, 2014
I'm convinced that if you're trashing this book, you're either just an Emeril-hater or not a fan of Cajun food. I've made many of the recipes, and maybe 1 wasn't a hit, that's it. Everything else has always been raved about. As ridiculous as it sounds, people always say the steamed white rice is so good, which it is. The favorites that get made traditionally are Pork Boulettes (with Creole Tartar Sauce), the mayo, Maw Maw's Slaw, Red Beans and Rice, Shrimp and Ham Jambalaya, Shrimp Boil, Crawfish Imperial and Crawfish Etouffee. I would put any or all of these at the top of my favorite foods to eat that I cook, period. I cook, a lot, and I love to, and these are my favorites without a doubt.
on August 21, 2017
I'm born and raised in South Louisiana and this is an excellent and authentic Cajun cookbook. When I make the crawfish pie people LOVE it. And all I do is follow the recipe, including the sweet dough recipe!
on September 23, 2016
One of the reasons I got in the culinary world
on November 24, 2013
Good cookbook. Very easy to follow and fun reading about the history of the dish. I like to know how the dish got started and evolved. Emeril provides this. If the book had color pictures of each dish, I would have rated the book five stars. I recommend it to everyone that wishes to cook this style of food.
on May 26, 2017
This is the BEST cookbook ever!! Easy to follow, fantastically delicious every time.
on April 22, 2010
I bought this book to help a single Dad keep home cooked meals in front of his boys. I grew up in Louisiana and wanted recipes of the food I grew up on during the week, the basics that you don't order on the weekends at the restaurants. Round steak w/ potatoes and onions, pork chops with sweet potato gravy, Corn Maque choux, smothered green beans...red beans and rice. I flipped through this book and saw 5-10 ingredients per recipe and bought it after 2 minutes of looking at it. I have worn it out. I have the river roads and all of my Mom's cookbooks...rarely ever pick'em up anymore.....one hint - get a heavy cast iron dutch oven and get after it !
on December 21, 2013
I was about to head out on a business trip where I was likely to meet and great Emeril Lagasse so I ordered this so that I could ask to have it autographed. Alas, the autograph never happened but the cookbook turned out to be ok.
on February 15, 2018
Received quickly a hard to find hardback copy of a great cookbook at a reasonable price.
on February 5, 2016
I'm an Emeril fan, so he had me at the introduction page. Great recipes.
on January 10, 2017