Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on March 27, 2011
I bought this for my six-year-old grandson. I want him to LEARN baseball with the classic WOODEN baseball bat. No "THUNK" from an aluminum bat will ever be as satisfying as the crack of a wooden Louisville Slugger smashing a line drive. The ability to "size this bat to FIT my grandson" was another plus. We chose just the right length and weight for his age and size. If it was good enough for Mickey Mantle, it's good enough for my grandson.
15 people found this helpful
on November 1, 2014
This is a decent bat at an unbeatable price. However, it is a warclub to get around for a young player. I am giving 4 stars because it can serve a great purpose in helping a young player get stronger, but as far as hitting with it in game situations, it's not too relevant since it is so heavy. Young players don't often need to use a wood bat but if they did, I would recommend something a little more expensive because this is the bottom of the barrel as far as wood quality is concerned. I only say that because it is such a dramatic weight difference from the bats they are allowed to use in games.
on November 16, 2014
Received in perfect condition, no problems with ordering process. I had some concerns about my 7 year old being able to swing this, and yes, it is heavier than his Easton Aluminum. I had mentioned to him at the start of the season how Louisville sluggers were famous for their quality. Then came the world series, and time after time, he would see the pros get up there, holding their Louisville sluggers. He had to have one. I taught him how to hit with it, check the label, make sure it is up ,and he learned about hitting the sweet spot. He was so proud when he took it to practice, some kids asked "is that a plastic bat" The coaches were a little concerned, until he took batting practice. That bat gave him a level of confidence that was off the charts. Did it sting his hands a few times, yep. But when he made solid contact and he got that solid "crack" and the ball came off that sweet spot like a rocket... it was pure baseball magic, and it is every single time he its it. Some may like the "tink" sound from the aluminum, and may think it is old fashioned. It is old fashioned, but it is also pure baseball legend. Good enough for Mickey Mantle, good enough for Derek Jeter, I would say my boy is keeping some pretty good company. Thanks Louisville slugger. Amazing product.
on November 13, 2013
First off the price on Amazon is very reasonable for this bat. When the item arrived at my front door steps, the quality was what I expected. It felt durable and well made, like the image I have of a Louisville Slugger branded baseball bat.

The size and weight of this bat is just right for the young ones to carry around and learn the proper swing. Overall I am very pleased with this item.
on December 4, 2013
Purchased this for my son who is turning 7 years old. The bat has great balance and good weight. I am going to add some hitting or hockey tape near the handle for better grips. This is an excellent offseason purchase to have my son practice. The goal is to use this bat to increase his strength and bat speed. We are using it for hitting strictly off of the tee. So far from what I have seen, it appears to be doing what we intended.
on December 9, 2013
Well made and nice-looking. Get a long one even if your youngster cannot swing it well at this time. Have him take 20-30 perfect swings every day (with no balls involved) and this will build up the muscles involved, develop correct muscle memory, and promote good form. In short time he/she will be able to wield the bat effectively.
on December 14, 2012
My 8 year old kept asking for a wooden bat. After doing some shopping I went to my favorite store, Amazon, and picked one up. Well we only used this in batting practice about 10 times before he took one solid swing and we heard a CRACK! Well to an 8 year old he thought he was superman because he cracked a bat. To me it was 30 bucks down the drain, but we still have it as a memento. Luckily they are cheap and I can get another when he asks.
2 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 1, 2012
Ordered the 28 inch wood bat for my 10 year old daughter, and it came exactly as promised. A beautiful old-fashioned wood bat with MLB logos, smooth finish, and well balanced. She loves having a "real" baseball bat as opposed to the aluminum ones. It will last a long time and bring a lot of baseball fun.
3 people found this helpful
on December 23, 2012
louisville sluger always has great bats and i'm from kentucky only been in arizona for going on two years so of course i gonna pramote their bats and so would you if you ever had one no lie might be a little pricy but their the besy qaulity you can get and if you find one cheap you better jump on it veven if you don't really need it great for gifts too and for collectoring just your all american made and high american qaulity product as it should be not much american made stuff left anymore but if more people in this country would buy american made products and not overseas monet wasting crap than our economy might balance itself out without tax increases kool idea thats what i'm going do i'm boycoting all foerign made stuff now on
U.S.A ALL THE ONLY FROM NOW ON SOMEONE HAS TOO
on October 22, 2013
Rather than buying an expensive, weighted training bat you can just buy a wooden bat. Wooden bats are less forgiving of hitting outside the sweet spot and help teach the swing. (This has actually been proven with studies).

A 40 oz weighted bat would be too big for a little leaguer. It would teach the wrong swing. So why not get a wooden bat that's just a little heavier than the bat they use for games? Especially since it's the bat they use at the highest levels of play anyway.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.