Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 480 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 498 reviews
on June 8, 2014
Would get 5 stars if it was a bit less expensive, but still worth it. I had earlier purchased the smaller one, and have been very happy with it. This bigger one cleaned up a big mess of cords on my living room entertainment center. For before and after pictures,see pic I uploaded to this page.
review image
0Comment| 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
What took me so long to clean up my hodgepodge of wires, cables, and cords? Aesthetics and safety are important to me, especially in my study, which is also the library, piano room, and yoga room. I desire a calm ambiance, surrounded by my 2000 books. However, until I bought this BlueLounge box, the floor between my desk and pedestal looked like the center of the "Dallas mixmaster" of interstates, with prominent dust bunnies collecting on this untidy collection of cables. Now, it is clean, orderly, and unobtrusive.

The box is plain, rectangular, and deep, with a matte finish (I have the black one), made from fire-retardant plastic. If you are using a precarious device to store your cables, like a shoebox, it is a dangerous fire hazard; it is well worth the money to protect your home from turning into a fireball.

Dimensions are 398 mm/15.6 in long, 154 mm/6 in wide, and 134 mm/5.3 inches deep, with rubber feet to prevent it from slipping. There's plenty of storage space--looks about the size of a shoebox.

I placed a large 12-outlet surge protector in the BlueLounge box without needing to unplug anything. I could have easily fit a second one in there, also. The outlets or openings on each end of the box are about 3.5 inches long and ¾ inch wide, plenty of room for the mass of cables. I tucked the box on the bottom shelf of my pedestal, and voila! From helter-skelter to harmony, all in a few minutes. It's like a 3-minute manager for just 25 bucks.
on June 17, 2017
Great way to organize and declutter your cables, wires, and power cords. I got this for the living room entertainment system. I have my TV, receiver, blu-ray player, streaming device, universal home control hub plugged into a power strip. Adding to the mess of wires was an ethernet router and the accompanying ethernet wires plugged into the devices. That mess of cables and wires was placed in an open top basket in my attempt to confine the mess. It looked like some kind of twisted bird's nest.

The cable box cleaned all that up. I was able to fit my power strip, ethernet router, and all the jumble of cables inside of the box. The lid closes the box and hides the mess inside. All you see is the power strip cord extending out from the back into the wall, the ether net cable, and the remaining cables that go to the devices. The box comes with some cable ties to further organize the mess. Makes the whole affair much more attractive the basket of tangles I had before.
on August 15, 2017
This has done a fantastic job of reducing cord clutter in my living room to hide the cables for my power-reclining sofa. There are cheaper ones out there, but at the time this one was the only one that would fit my surge protector inside it with enough room to spare so that the wall warts would fit as well. Build quality is pretty solid all things considered, and I really have no complaints about the product itself. Pricing is the only thing keeping me from having 10+ of these in my house, hiding every exposed cord I could get my hands on. In the mean time I'm happy with the one I have.
on December 25, 2016
I keep buying these because they're the best cable boxes you can buy. I have 7 of them and just bought an 8th. I probably need one more too if I'm being honest with myself.

If I were BlueLounge and wanted to release an updated version, there's only a couple of things I'd change:
* Add rubberized bottom to keep it from moving at all. It doesn't move much, but it'd be nice.
* Make the larger ones an inch or two wider to accommodate larger surge protectors. This is a *huge* pain point for me and probably for most of the people buying this.

If you need a cable box, don't buy the cheap ones—I did this once just to see and they're nowhere near as quality as this one.
on July 21, 2016
If you're looking to organize the clutter behind your TV or office table, or have an entertainment system with multiple components with wires running all over the place I would highly recommend this little box of perfection. You can use conduits or clean wire ties to organize the mass of audio and power cables, but the surge protector is going to need a home.

PROS:
- Available in different sized to fit any need
- Sturdy construction and solid feel
- Looks and feels like a quality product making it less obtrusive in open areas
- Has enough room to house the surge protector and extra lengths of cord
- No clutter and cleaning in the area is now incredibly easy.

TIP:
- Use this box with a wire sleeve to consolidate your cables into a neat bundle No more dust balls hanging on my cords or lifting up the entire surge protector to clean the area.

CONS:
- Not necessarily a con but pricing is a bit high for a plastic box, but for the clean and organized look I get behind my TV I do not regret the purchase at all. Planning to pick up a second one for the other side of my system to clean up another fully loaded surge protector.
review image
on May 15, 2013
It does the job very well. People voiced two main criticisms: 1. it is "just" a plastic box and is pricey for what it is; 2. It isn't large enough to store the bulky plugs + power bricks that the target demographic has.

I think those criticisms are not that valid. Here's why:

1. There are different kinds of plastic. You have the other Chinese knock offs that you're probably seeing in the Amazon "people who viewed this product also viewed..." section. The reason why they are cheaper is very likely that they use a lower quality plastic. The quality of plastic used in this item is a higher, more durable quality. You can feel it when you hold it. No, this is not just me rationalizing the cost. :)

2. I use this for my desktop computer workstation. I can fit a larger power strip in there with power bricks/cables for speakers and printer, cables for desktop, laptop, monitor with PLENTY of room to spare. All it requires is a little bit of planning to bundle your cables up properly for storage instead of just trying to stuff them in there.

It is a bit pricey -- if it were 20% less I think it would be at a great price point. However, all other products in this segment are clearly inferior, so of course they will continue to charge a price that is worth it in that respect.

Anyway, if you can't decide between this and the cheaper knock offs, GET THIS. It is worth it. Plus, don't support the Chinese knock off industry.
on June 10, 2016
Everyone needs this!! I mean it, even if you think you don't. I was really upset that my desk was always such a mess with my cords, and one day I was told by a good friend about Bluelounge cablebox's. I honestly didn't find them impressive when I looked at them online, and then I ordered my first one and my office life changed!

Let me be the first to tell you that when you organize your work space it just feels like you are being more productive. I zip tied some wires here, tucked some cords there and boom! An amazing desk a Feng Shui master would be proud of. The price is a little steep but let's be honest you pay for quality not quantity.
on April 17, 2015
Okay. I admit it. The negative reviewers have their points. This is a brittle plastic box. It's too small for a good surge protector, and it's too large for a small power strip. And whatever its use, it's a bit pricey.

But I'll tell you, it met my needs exactly. All of my normal chords and plugs and boxes and modems and routers are mounted invisibly on the back of a computer credenza. That was not my problem. My problem was one medium sized power strip near my nightstand. It has 3 chargers, an alarm clock, a lamp (and occasionally several other things). It also had some 6-inch extension chords to facilitate some of these plugs.

It was an unsightly mess that depressed me for years. I tried hiding the mess behind the nightstand and under the bed, but somehow it always found its way back into sight. When I happened upon this Bluelounge CableBox on Amazon, I instantly purchased it. Within minutes of the CableBox delivery, I had packed all the unsightly mess into this box, and I am extremely happy with the purchase. For the next three days, I found myself often glancing at this orderly little corner just to enjoy the difference.

If you have a depressing mess, the Bluelounge Cablebox may be just what you're looking for.
on September 26, 2013
Based on some of the reviews here, I was expecting a low-quality plastic box. However, it is made well, snaps shut, has no-slip grips on the bottom, is much bigger than I expected and looks sharp. In fact, this worked so well that I bought a second one. Seriously, you won't be disappointed. Check out my the pictures I uploaded - I fit TWO loaded surge protectors inside.
review image review image