Spring Deals Automotive HPC Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18SW_gno

on January 28, 2017
I've got two of the full-size black CableBox's from Blue Lounge and they're great! I was looking for a smaller box to contain wires in the bathroom, where white would be ideal and this seemed perfect. It even comes with an included surge protector which sounded nice!

Turns out, this is an awful product. Especially given the price, and the brand behind it. The packaging does nothing to protect the white finish, and while this isn't any different from the black version it shows far more easily on white. It's frustrating to open a brand new product and find scuffs and scratches on it. The white finish is inconsistent in a few spots, and while that's mostly on the bottom this is really annoying for something that has a premium price. The included surge protector feels incredibly cheap and is ugly and poorly designed to boot. It barely fits in the box on its own, much less without various plugs attached.

I'll be returning this and getting a cheap knockoff box instead, knowing full well that it'll have many of the same problems. But, I'll get to pick my own surge protector that actually fits. And hey, it might wind up being protected in better packaging for all I know. While Blue Lounge usually is worth the premium price, this is one of their products that definitely is not.
on June 17, 2017
Great way to organize and declutter your cables, wires, and power cords. I got this for the living room entertainment system. I have my TV, receiver, blu-ray player, streaming device, universal home control hub plugged into a power strip. Adding to the mess of wires was an ethernet router and the accompanying ethernet wires plugged into the devices. That mess of cables and wires was placed in an open top basket in my attempt to confine the mess. It looked like some kind of twisted bird's nest.

The cable box cleaned all that up. I was able to fit my power strip, ethernet router, and all the jumble of cables inside of the box. The lid closes the box and hides the mess inside. All you see is the power strip cord extending out from the back into the wall, the ether net cable, and the remaining cables that go to the devices. The box comes with some cable ties to further organize the mess. Makes the whole affair much more attractive the basket of tangles I had before.
on January 11, 2011
I was kinda wary about buying just a box for $25. The fact that with a Prime account I could get free two day shipping and it saved me the effort of few hours trip via public transit to Ikea for a similar item won me over. It's a sturdy box that the top isn't in danger of popping off if you have thick not easily bended cabling rolled up in it. The tangled web of cords was driving me batty just thinking about and now I can't stop peeking under the desk to admire the box.

It's a good buy if you either can't get to an Ikea or like me just can't be bothered. I don't regret the purchase in the least.
review imagereview image
55 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 17, 2015
Okay. I admit it. The negative reviewers have their points. This is a brittle plastic box. It's too small for a good surge protector, and it's too large for a small power strip. And whatever its use, it's a bit pricey.

But I'll tell you, it met my needs exactly. All of my normal chords and plugs and boxes and modems and routers are mounted invisibly on the back of a computer credenza. That was not my problem. My problem was one medium sized power strip near my nightstand. It has 3 chargers, an alarm clock, a lamp (and occasionally several other things). It also had some 6-inch extension chords to facilitate some of these plugs.

It was an unsightly mess that depressed me for years. I tried hiding the mess behind the nightstand and under the bed, but somehow it always found its way back into sight. When I happened upon this Bluelounge CableBox on Amazon, I instantly purchased it. Within minutes of the CableBox delivery, I had packed all the unsightly mess into this box, and I am extremely happy with the purchase. For the next three days, I found myself often glancing at this orderly little corner just to enjoy the difference.

If you have a depressing mess, the Bluelounge Cablebox may be just what you're looking for.
on April 24, 2015
This little (actually very big) plastic box really works. Loved it to mange/hide power blocks and cords and the power strip. My cats were playing with the cords at the power strip and these keeps them away. Price is a bit high, but it really works! Love it. I'm probably going to buy 2 more to use at the computer desk. Today's project just dealt with the TV mess of wires. Highly recommended! Used this with a captive cable sleeve (also sold on amazon). Perfect combo. If you want to clear up a cable mess, this box will help a lot. See before and after pictures to see how great they work.
review imagereview image
on July 22, 2015
I bought it together with Belkin 12-Outlet Home/Office Surge Protector with 8 ft. Cord, Telephone and Coaxial Protection here: http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B000J2EN4S as this was in the Frequently Bought Together section.

The Belkin 12-Outlet Surge Protector barely fits into the box, but is shallow enough to accommodate wrapped up cables. I imagine you would have to buy right angle coaxial adapters to fit coax cable in there, but I'm not sure of the spacing (as I have my box closed at the moment). Phone wires should be fine in that confined space as most phone wires are flat-ish. Other than those two things I was able to fit a USB 2.0 hub as well as my control box for my Cintiq and put this all on a mobile Cintiq desk. Altogether I have my MacBook Pro charger with grounded cable, a desk mounted lamp power cable, USB hub (fairly big), a Cintiq control box that barely fits side to side, 3 brick adapters, and one extension cord that I snake out the side for extra outlets when needed (instead of opening the box to plug extraneous devices in). The only cables that are showing go in several different directions and have one detachment point (where USB, display, and power plug into the same area) so I have one mass of cables tied together with twist ties (included) and one power cable from the surge protector going out to mains power and that's pretty much it. Much cleaner than before and portable as well on the rollable desk. Eventually I plan on upgrading to a much smaller USB 3.0 hub to accommodate my USB 3.0 hard drive which I also have sitting on top of the box (both cables going into the box for a clean look). My only concern is that this is a bit on the expensive side (at most I'd pay $15-20), but I wanted to buy the best (according to Amazon reviews) first before looking at other brands with potentially less quality construction. Would I get one again? I'm glad I have this for my main devices, but I probably would get a smaller version for USB cable corralling. That or get a project box for that.

-- Signature --
This was an unpaid independent review. My promise to my fellow customers is to never accept money for positive or negative reviews.
on December 27, 2015
Bought this unit and a similar sized DLNCTULGEB - Large Cable Tidy cable management box in black which I also reviewed. This box differs a bit from the more rounded DLNCTULGEB (the BlueLounge is more rectangular and the slots are more centered in the base). Both boxes are non intrusive, well made, albeit a bit pricey considering they are very thin plastic units with openings to route cables and wires through. I have a Belkin BE112230-08 12-Outlet Surge Protector that I wanted to use the boxes for. Both boxes need to be at least another 1 inch wider for the surge protector with all of my equipment plugged in to properly fit. I have 8 devices plugged into the surge protector, three of the devices have very large plugs (one device has a plug about 4") and despite multiple configuration attempts, neither box will adequately work. In the end, I used the two boxes to tidy up the various wires and transformers for these devices with the surge protector in the middle and am pleased with the result. So if you have a similar surge protector with simple two-prong or 3-prong plugs, either box should work nicely for you.
on July 21, 2016
If you're looking to organize the clutter behind your TV or office table, or have an entertainment system with multiple components with wires running all over the place I would highly recommend this little box of perfection. You can use conduits or clean wire ties to organize the mass of audio and power cables, but the surge protector is going to need a home.

- Available in different sized to fit any need
- Sturdy construction and solid feel
- Looks and feels like a quality product making it less obtrusive in open areas
- Has enough room to house the surge protector and extra lengths of cord
- No clutter and cleaning in the area is now incredibly easy.

- Use this box with a wire sleeve to consolidate your cables into a neat bundle No more dust balls hanging on my cords or lifting up the entire surge protector to clean the area.

- Not necessarily a con but pricing is a bit high for a plastic box, but for the clean and organized look I get behind my TV I do not regret the purchase at all. Planning to pick up a second one for the other side of my system to clean up another fully loaded surge protector.
review image
on May 8, 2015
I tried everything short of taking down the drywall to hide the ugly cables connected to my television.

This is by far the least invasive method as it requires VERY little set-up time and provides a NOTICEABLE change. The case is well-built, elegant, and available in multiple colors to match almost any decor. It contains two slits (one at each side) that allow the cables to feed in and out of the box. The slights are reasonably sized and fit even the thickest of cables/grouping of cables. The top of the case latches on to the bottom of case and WILL not come off even when tilted to the side. Taking the top off require some dexterity skills as one must insert his fingers into the slit and pull back while simultaneously pulling the top off. I thought this was a useful safety feature for households with little ones running around as it provides at least some tampering deterrence.

This thing is HUGE!! It can certainly house two surge protectors and all of the plugs to go with it. I don't like the wires that come out of the end of slits particularly when there are multiple wires being used. I solved this issue by securing the wired together with clear zip-ties and this made my space much neater. Other options to secure the wires include wire sleeves or twist ties that can be bought here on AMAZON.
on March 15, 2015
I bought this CableBox as an alternative to the baby safe power strip covers. I read a lot of reviews & saw a few videos that prove the strip covers to be less reliable than you would expect . . then I found the cable box. It works great, the lid fits on pretty well but I did put a strip of clear packing tape across the top just for safety sake. The box is actually rather large for something described as "mini" but it works all the same. PLENTY of room inside. The surge protector that was included has 4 outlets and fits inside the box with so much room to spare . . only there's nothing else to put in there sooo . . it's really just a lot of extra space, to be honest . . but it gets the job done! I did wish however that the box had the little notches (like power strips do) that make it easy to hang on the wall, so I just drilled some screws through it, problem solved.

It stands about 5" tall x about 4 1/2" wide x 9" long. The power strip is 1" tall x 1 1/2" wide x 8" long & it's cord is roughly 3.5' . . so definitely enough room to fit another one of similar size right beside it.

Hope that helps :)