Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 18 reviews
on June 5, 2017
Just as pictured.
on November 18, 2016
Impressive book for the money! I traveled to the Louvre but my photos weren't very good, so here i leave it to the pro's.
on December 3, 2009
This is a great book with a lot crammed into it's compact size - but it is in no way cluttered.

I really like the way the pieces are presented in their specific genre. With each section having an overview of the specific area. The photos are very good with each piece being presented carefully ensuring the empahsis of the pieces rather than detracting them by surrounding them by text. There is also a broad representation of pieces displayed at the Louvre ensuring coverage of more than just the "mainstream" pieces (Mona Lisa etc).

I also like the section at the front which gives the history and development of the Louvre. It's a great coffee table book and will evoke fond memories of the Louvre when you look at it. If you haven't been, you will want to.
on September 15, 2015
As advertised. I am going to the Louvre within 6 months. I plan to use this as a check-list
on December 17, 2012
At this price, I am happy, happy, happy. So many hours of page turning and the imagery into other centuries. Perfect and very appreciated.
on May 20, 2015
beautiful coffee table book
on March 11, 2015
Great coffee table book.
on July 11, 2011
I needed to buy a stack of books for a lucite tray I have on a table and I had seen this book featured as the standard prop used throughout the Ballard Designs catalog. It's a great book, fun to look through, serves as a souvenir from our recent trip to Paris and a great topper to a stack of big books. The quality of the pages within are a nice gloss, which I appreciated (given the price and the thickness, I didn't know what to expect inside the book). I wouldn't look through this too many times however, because you may risk damaging the binding. There are a lot of pages in there!
on February 9, 2011
I've been to France once and I I was able to go to the Louvre...of course I was only able to spend one day there, which meant I missed a lot....well when I got this book, I was super excited and definitely wasn't disappointed. The pictures are wonderful and it felt like I was back at the Louvre...A+++! :)