Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on December 9, 2013
Sadly I've just deleted this from my kindle, only half read. It was an arduous read at the beginning, where I had to keep returning to earlier pages to get clear in my mind how everyone was related. In the end I was forced to write down the family tree and was left wondering if I was developing early onset dementia, until I read some of the other reviews complaining about the same thing. After that the storyline seemed to sag, bogged in extraneous words. Did anyone else have the problem on their kindle where there wasn't a new line for each person speaking?
on February 29, 2016
Enjoyed this book. Repeated herself a few times, and felt the author was trying a bit too hard to put the reader off the plot and therefore some parts a little rambling, but all in all a good read and I will be reading more of her.
on March 27, 2013
I love this author but was beyond disappointed with this book. It was slow, you couldn't relate to any of the characters, and it took forever for the book to get moving. At first it was interesting but then the writing made it seem like it was just filling in to make it longer.By the time your almost finished with the book everything is rushed together . I was very disappointed I had spent money on this book because I do believe it could have been so much better.
on November 5, 2013
I love this book. It was a great recommendation and a great read. Evans' approach to writing makes her work even more appealing. Balancing character description, scenery description, dialogue, narration, and a mixture of author narration with character narration make this a well written book and a great story to read.
on February 1, 2013
I loved this book! It had a great and different story. I liked that it was more than just a boring love story. It had everything I loved! I wish she wrote more like this!
on September 3, 2014
Loved it - sobbed at the end. If you love British Chic Lit, you'll love this.
on October 3, 2013
I loved the twists and turns and family dynamics. The full range of emotions was an added plus to the story line.
on May 30, 2013
Aren['t we always looking for love regardless of our ages. Looks like an enjoyable book to read during the summer
on August 14, 2011
I was searching for another book when this one popped up in the Amazon's recommended list. I am so glad I checked out the reviews and purchased it! Harriet Evans is a solid author who tells a solid tale. Her character development and plot lines are excellent. She provides the perfect mix of escapism and intelligent story telling to hold my attention. I can hardly wait for her next book. Highly recommended.
on July 14, 2011
I have enjoyed other books by Harriet Evans, and really wanted to enjoy this one as well. The pace was just too slow, and I didn't connect with a single character. I was waiting for something (anything) to happen to draw me into the story, and it didn't. Also, there are names and relationships flying everywhere in the first few chapters - I felt like I needed a family tree to try to keep it straight.

As I said, I really wanted to like it, but the characters started to annoy me. About half way through, I put it down. I will try another book by this author, because I thoroughly enjoyed her previous books... this one, I'll pass...
22 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse