- File Size: 1139 KB
- Print Length: 287 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Evernight Publishing (February 8, 2018)
- Publication Date: February 8, 2018
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B079Q89K9V
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #316,333 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Love My Children First (Family Men Book 1) Kindle Edition
"Children of Blood and Bone"
Tomi Adeyemi conjures a stunning world of dark magic and danger in her West African-inspired fantasy debut. Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Insufficient exposition: Without reading the other series by this author, which I have not, it feels like you have been dropped into the middle of a storyline and are expected to know characters and plot that are only given the most cursory explanation. Honestly I was lost with all the extra characters and details from outside the plot of the current series.
2. Pacing. There are no details just rushing from event to event and scene to scene.
3. Telling not showing. This book is excessively dialogue driven. There isn't any descriptive language at all. Every detail that is included comes directly from one character telling another.
I genuinely hoped based on the description, which WAS well-written, that this would be a good book, but it honestly isn't worth the price. It is a good concept, but the writing style is not pleasant to read. The grammar and sentence structure were good, and it seemed to have been fairly well proofread.