|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $10.00 (77%)
For the Love of Death (#7): New Adult Dark Paranormal/Sci-fi Romance (The Death Series) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
It was difficult to follow the storyline when trying to keep up with the multitude of characters who's voices all sounded the same (I had to refer to the chapter heading to know who's perspective the story was being told from). As if that wasn't bad enough the story jumped back and forth between worlds???
The book was repetitive. It seemed as though the author got stuck on the capture, beat up and rescue Deegan wheel, and didn't know how the get off. And then to add a final insult. The book ended in such an abrupt way I had to go back and reread the final chapter. I thought maybe my copy was missing pages or that I had skipped them.
Ok, so I know this book is about Caleb's & Jade's kids, and I loved having the old gang back, but I struggled with it initially. In part because I couldn't understand what the heck these kids were saying. If this is the way kids talk today, then they don't live around me. The other thing was I had a hard time with Pax. I'm getting around it slowly, but at least Deegan is a character I can love. The poor thing. What is with all of the abuse this kid is facing? And the one good thing? They want to take away from her.
I can say that the story had a lot of action. I actually liked this version of traveling dimensions better than the original series. It flowed better, and seemed more believable. Even if that dimension sucked as much as the last one.
It is a little weird to think Caleb and gang are in their forties with teens / young adults of their own. Jumping that far into the future was surprising. And wow, what a difference in some areas, but not in others. You still have those trying to take advantage, those that are bullies, and those who are just trying to live their lives with the abilities they have.
All in all, it was still interesting to read and I'll continue to read it, but only if Mitchell stays in. I'm coming to love that guy.
The story is good and carries on pretty much as you would expect from the original series. It sometimes takes you a minute to figure out who is "talking" because the point of view changes almost from chapter to chapter. 4 stars for the story, though.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror > Dark Fantasy
- Books > Romance > Multicultural
- Books > Romance > New Adult & College
- Books > Romance > Paranormal
- Books > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Romantic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Horror
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense > Paranormal
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Multicultural & Interracial
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Mystery & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > New Adult & College
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Ghosts
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Psychics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Romantic Comedy