Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning victoria victoria victoria  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 57 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 156 reviews
on January 17, 2014
Here is a perfect example of where the cover, book blurb and title of the book made me purchase.

I am not even writing a review for the blog on this one. The first 20% of the book was pretty good and I was thinking it was a winner but it started going on and on and on about the attraction they had towards one another. Seriously nothing else was happening.
Then around 30% I was getting really bored. Austin has a hissy fit because he made a joke about her mother (it was truly in jest) and she flies off the handle at his parents home like a twelve year old. She decides to walk home 7 miles in heels. I rolled my eyes.

I also kept getting confused with her name being Austin and then the story takes place in Texas.

Rye started out to me attractive and cowboy hunky but then he went all wussy. Here is an example: "He slapped his thigh and turned around three time in the motel room. She cared enough to worry about him!"
I like my cowboys alpha. Not giddy like a school boy from a 1950's movie.

I figured I had read enough and stopped at about 40%. It takes a lot for me to stop reading a book but I couldn't put up with the old fashion immature characters. I don't mind "sweet" stories but this one was over top.
on April 22, 2017
A city girl, a pure country boy, a meddling granny's ghost, perhaps, and an attraction that is hotter than a pepper sprout will keep readers of this delightful book turning pages. Living in the area the author writes about makes her books so real... and I reckon you should be fixin to buy this book and enjoy for yourselves! Highly recommend.
on October 7, 2012
This is one of the best books I've read and I read a lot of books. I like Carolyn very much and have read
Several of her books. I recomend it to anyone.
on July 16, 2012
Where to begin? Oh yes, at least I didn't waste money on this read. It was a freebie or 99 cents special for Kindle users. The writing was so immature that she makes Stephanie Meyer look like a national treasure.

To start off, the author attempts writing in 3rd person, but she switches between perspectives so quickly (often within the same paragraph) that I had to attempt to figure out whose thoughts I was reading. Then she tries so hard to 'country up' the novel that it's not realistic. I'm sorry but I don't buy that a 30 year old woman who grew up in Tulsa constantly uses the phrase "Hell's Bells" in place of swearing.

The plot line/consept was cute (if predictable), but the poor writing ruined this book.

Don't waste your time with this one.
on July 5, 2011
One reviewer was correct in saying that this is an adorable story. It is. The cowboy in the story is just so adorable it's almost as if the writer went by a check list:

Male Character
Cowboy - check
Tall - check
Handsome & Single- check
Can Cook - check (Even better let's add that he enjoys coloring Easter eggs.)
Kind to children - check (The coloring Easter eggs for the town's little ones will kill 2 birds with one stone)
Respects Women - check (Must take Female to meet family immediately)
Respects Elders - check
Sexy - check (Must include dialog of sexual thoughts)

This was a .99 purchase and I was so glad that I did not waste any more money. I made it to Chapter 5 before I gave up forcing myself to read it and simply deleted the book from my Kindle. This book was just too juvenile for me and I found the conversation stilted and just plain silly at times. As for the sexual thoughts and encounters, they were just plain downright puerile - (Austin and Rye kiss and then Austin turns around and tells him that she is not that type of girl/woman.) I was so bored with the story just rambling on and on with no "real" dialog or actions.

If you like your men to be men and your women to be women then pass on this book. If you are into more of the sensitive Mr. Mom type and want cute and very sweet then you might enjoy this book but don't look for a well developed plot or story.
on April 24, 2014
This was a really endearing story.
This town and these people are so appealing. You can't help but love them. And my goodness Rye is one hunk of hot cowboy that I wouldn't mind having all to myself! I agree with the fact that this book could have been shorter - I stalled out a bit in the middle - but I still loved it and am glad that I saw it through!
on March 9, 2014
Love Drunk Cowboy
By Carolyn Brown

Blurb:
All Austin Lanier wants is to sell her inherited watermelon farm, slip on her stilettos and run back to corporate America. Until the drop dead sexy cowboy next door, Rye O'Donnell, decides he'll only take the farm if he can get the fiery woman who owns it as part of the deal...

Review:
Austin Lanier has only come looking to say goodbye to her grandmother but found out that the soil and water seeped into her heart. She’s a silk suit and stiletto girl who’s never had a beer. She begins to learn more about herself and her family as she learns how to run her grandmother’s farm. The first thing she learns is not to judge someone without meeting them. Rye isn’t the old man she thought he was. And he’s determined to worm his way into her heart.

I loved that Austin enjoyed shocking her mom. Every phone call ended with my own laughter. I could see Austin’s mom getting more and more worried that she was losing her daughter. Add a dash of Grandma’s meddling from beyond the grave and you have a delightful read. The sex is sizzling when it finally comes about but the focus is on Austin’s transformation and the relationship she builds with Rye.

The secondary characters will thrill you, from Molly and Greta to the O’Donnell siblings. My favorites were Austin’s mom and aunts. They sounded like high-powered women who all needed a cowboy to ride!
on March 15, 2016
The premise of the story was cute, but there was entirely too much emphasis placed on the sex driven relationship between the two main characters. In my view, it could have easily been toned down without losing any of the chemistry between them. Just didn't set well with me.
on March 10, 2016
Loved this story and even recommended it to my sister. While I don't expect much from the romances I read other than enjoyment (why read them otherwise?) this one is definitely a step above the rest. This was my intro to Carolyn Brown and I can't wait to read more by her.
on March 9, 2016
Fun book to read. Nice story line. Loved the idea of her Grandmother giving her advice after she had passed away. Also liked that she stood her ground and didn't give in to her mother. That's a hard thing to do.