Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 89 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 91 reviews
on March 22, 2017
I always keep a copy of this in my library on Marriage to loan and give away. The love languages concept has been pivotal in many of my relationships and in understanding myself and what I expect from friends, family. Every young couple should read this and have a good handle on these concepts before getting married - or even dating for that matter. It's a little cheesy in the beginning, but get passed that in the first few chapters and an understanding of your own and others' languages can bring insight to all types of relationships in life.
on September 25, 2013
I have the book and have read it cover to cover many times, although I prefer listening (or watching) as to reading, which is why I bought this DVD to share and loan out to others. This book gave me insight into relationships, what the "needs" are of various people, male and female. We are all different and we all have different expectations. This program gives insight as to what others needs are as well as recognize our own and be able to share them with those around us. Example: Some people need to HEAR "I Love You" rather than RECEIVE gifts or things. Others feel loved with touch, whether it be kiss or holding hands, etc. Anyway, it is an excellent book, and have recommended it to my children, family, and friends.
on May 7, 2017
We have given away numerous copies of the DVD and the book, "The 5 Love Languages." We've been married 40 years and we took a class with the DVD several years ago. I thought my wife would be the one who benefited. But it was me. Even though I'm a professional communicator, I learned so much about how to communicate better with my wife and to help her understand my needs. I heartily recommend this.
on September 26, 2013
It's good to have an idea of how your significant other appreciates certain things in vice versa. The book is a guide to helping you better understand one anothers wants and needs. A lot of times we focus on the wrong things to please our mate when it most cases, it's something totally different they want from us.
on May 28, 2013
My wife and I found this DVD to be very helpful. She saw Dr. Gary Chapman on the OWN channel (Oprah) and thought he was great. So much so that we decided on getting his DVD to refresh ourselves occasionally. It is a very interesting self-discovery method and it's also interesting that a lot (most?) people mistakenly identify other people with their "love language". You have to buy the DVD and find the Oprah program that Dr. Chapman appeared on to find out what I mean by that last statement. Love the DVD!
on June 1, 2014
My husband was resistant to reading the book. In counseling, we were told to go home and read the book. I had already purchased the DVD. All this time, we thought we both had the same love language. We were wrong! The teaching on the "dialects" of the loved languages cleared up some misunderstandings. This is a must have resource for everyone: married, single, parents. This information applies to all of our relationships.
on August 31, 2017
Love this book.
on May 2, 2017
this is very helpful for any relationship or marriage only if the other party is willing.
on September 30, 2013
This really opens your eyes to something that was there all along. Don't give your mate what you would like, give them what they would like.
on December 25, 2013
I enjoyed watching this video with my husband. Dr. Chapman brought out some important points regarding relationships and understanding each other. What I like most about this video is the easiness of listening to Dr. Chapman; not boring at all. I would recommend this video to couples who are engaged or already married to help them with communication.