Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Follow the Author
Love, Lies, & Typewriters: A Christian Historical Western Romance Kindle Edition
How Does a City Slicker Win the Heart of a Cowgirl?
To help sell war bonds at the height of WWII, New York Post reporter Bryce Richard is tapped to promote the fake romance of a decorated army veteran and a Wyoming cowgirl. But when Bryce falls in love with the lady, he must find a way to stop her impending wedding. Can a true greenhorn cowboy up to the challenge?
Lucy Daniels finally has the attention of her old high school crush. Even better, a national newspaper wants to promote them as a couple and use their budding love affair to help in the war effort. Lucy is head-over-heels...until she realizes her Prince Charming is the wrong Mr. Right, after all. It may be too late, though, to stop a fairy-tale romance that is spinning out of control.
A heartwarming romance worthy of the Hallmark Channel, Love, Lies, & Typewriters is a funny, inspirational story about real love and real courage at a transformational time in America.
Other books by Author Heather Blanton:
Romance in the Rockies Series
A Lady in Defiance, book 1
His town. Her God. Let the battle begin.
Hearts in Defiance, book 2
Men make mistakes. God will forgive them. Will their women?
A Promise in Defiance, book 3
Choices have consequences...even for the redeemed
Grace be a Lady
Act like a man. Think like a lady.
In Time for Christmas
Charlene needs a miracle. God had one waiting...a hundred years in the past.
Love, Lies, & Typewriters
A soldier with a purple heart. A reporter with a broken heart. Which one is her Mr. Right?
Brides of Evergreen Series (standalone books)
Hang Your Heart on Christmas, book 1
He wants justice--some say revenge. She wants peace. A deep betrayal may deny them everything.
Ask Me to Marry You, book 2
Here comes the bride, and he's not happy.
Mail-Order Deception, book 3
Secret identities lead to stolen hearts.
Can love survive the truth?
A Proposal So Magical, book 4
Sometimes, it takes a really strong man to surrender to love...
To Love and to Honor, book 5
Faith. Honor. Love. Which one will they sacrifice?
Books in Collections (All standalone books):
Locket Full of Love
Locket and Lace Book 5
Was her husband a sinner or a saint? A spy or a traitor?
Hell-Bent on Blessings
Brides of Blessings Book 3
Though she be but little, she is fierce
For the Love of Liberty A Time Travel Novel
Timeless Love Book 4
Give me Liberty. Or give me death.
A Good Man Comes Around
Sweethearts of Jubilee Springs Book 8
She has a list of qualifications for her groom.
He doesn't measure up.
Daughter of Defiance
Thanksgiving Books & Blessings Book 6
Though her sins be as scarlet...
- ...this book is so clever! I loved it! The story is fun and humorous at times with an unexpected romantic twist that left me smiling. I could just imagine this one as a Hallmark Movie! -- DaysongReflections.com
- The novel has a wonderful family feel about it as Lucy has a loving father...Those on the home front worried for their family fighting in Europe. This concern is captured in the novel. Love, Lies And Typewriters was a charming read for a dreary autumnal day and I enjoyed it. -- ChristianBookaholic.com
- This is the first book I have tried from this author and I enjoyed it so much that I now own 6 of her books! Amazon Reviewer Becky Smith
- Loaded with funny, fast-paced dialogue...Blanton's keen sense of humor goes down like a perfectly mixed Manhattan! Amazon Reviewer AuthorAuthor
- I think readers will enjoy this WW2 romcom and especially the surprise ending. Amazon Reviewer Diane Estrella
- Ever hear of a love triangle? This is one that you'll love reading and good luck on trying to figure out who will end up with the beautiful young lady! Amazon Reviewer RH
- ASIN : B01MXEV76Z
- Publication date : November 28, 2016
- Language : English
- File size : 484 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 170 pages
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #497,429 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
eal life struggles for the people involved as well as the truth that God hears prayer. I finished the book in a very short time. The REAL fairy tale story at the end of this book left me with a feeling of joy. I would recommend this book to those who are tired of the sQame type of romance story and to the who might enjoy something new and interested in something based on a period of time during the war
The ending was totally predictable for me so I almost didn't finish the book when I got to the half way point.
I also think what was going on in my mind as I read the story was the premise of the lie and the media playing on the emotions of the public to make money (I know they were selling war bonds, but the media was also making allot of money over the lie)-so in that regard I am thinking this just reminded me of what is going on
still today-lies from the media to deceive the public.
Perhaps the timing of when I read this book is the problem for me too. also another thing I did not like-the main character never acted on her love for the reporter except for the one incident. she would have gone through with the wedding if her fiance had not broken it off--getting married even though she had not sorted out her feelings between the two men that marriage would have probably ended up in divorce in real life or she would have stuck it out and not been happy..So stepping back from that and trying not to get to serious over a light hearted story it was pretty well written, I
didn't run in to typos that stood out which I appreciated, and the story ended up well.
• Heather Blanton created very interesting characters with lots of dimensions and they were fully fleshed out.
• I was completely immersed in this story from the very beginning until the very end.
• There were po lots of witty banter that made the plot enjoyable and interesting.
• The descriptions of locations and emotions were well done, easy to visualize, and to feel. I felt a part of the scenes.
• This was a clean read and I appreciated that fact.