Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno Truck Season Automotive Beauty Best Books of the Month Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon GoliathSeason2 GoliathSeason2 GoliathSeason2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment

on February 13, 2014
Okay. I picked up this book on a whim, thinking that it would provide me some answers to my question, "What is love, what is self-love and what can I do to achieve self-love?"

As I read chapter after chapter, all her descriptions, stories, explanations made a lot of sense intellectually. I was able to understand but had no idea what to do, where to start the practice of self-love.

I reached out to her from her website and managed to get in touch and she is a lovely person. I would go so far as to state that she is one of my guardian angels, sent by the Universe at the right time and at the right place. She was warm, infinitely graceful and welcoming and listened to me without judgement. That kind of safe sanctity to be vulnerable is a treasure simply because it is so rare. And because I cherish it so much, to me, it is a gift to share with everyone I come into contact with - to be infinitely kind, gentle and respectful of them - to love them exactly as they are.

One thing I definitely like is her description of her thought process through her stories, how she felt, what she did, the things that went through her mind. I could relate to everything because I am human too, and when you read her stories, you will relate to it too because everyone has gone through those thoughts and emotions to some degree. So this book will help you, even if you are not on a path of self-love because this is knowledge that will benefit everyone.

Her book convinced me that love is truly the only way to live. It heals, it strengthens, it nourishes and it is always, always gentle. To act without love brings about destruction. To live life without loving yourself brings destruction TO YOURSELF. Simple concept but it made everything else start to make sense to me. Why certain things happen, why I react to things in a certain way, why people act the way that they do; everything boils down to love. Pick up her book and read through it and I hope that life will start to make sense for you too.

If you are looking for WAYS to practice self-love, this book will give you the pre-existing knowledge needed. When the importance of love and self-love starts to make sense to you, then delve deeper into other books which offer concrete practices such as journaling about your beliefs, your past wounds, etc. etc. If you jump into doing things without really understanding what love really means to you, it is akin to flailing around in mud and you will most likely be frustrated with yourself. So practice self-love by getting this book first, for YOU. :)
19 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on May 17, 2018
If you're the kind of person who is able to make positive change in your life simply by understanding the problem, then this is probably the book for you. While I appreciate the authors intellect in defining and explaining the issues that we as human beings face in our thoughts and actions, I kept waiting chapter after chapter to hear from her encouragement or suggestions for solutions. Try this technique, or for me I did so and so and it really helped to change my thinking. Instead, the chapters felt like a never ending string of metaphors strung together to tell us how messed up we are. I think that most of us are not naive enough to think that there's a magic pill that will make our lives better, and we're willing to do the work that it takes to get there. I was really hoping for some positive guidance and suggestions on how to do that work. Admit tingly, I only made it through about 2/3 of the book before I couldn't take anymore of hearing we suck and this is why without any positive guidance for making change. Perhaps the last few chapters offer more in the way of guidance, I just didn't see it in the first 10 which was very disappointing.
on July 12, 2017
This book is fantastic. I can't wait to read Vironika's new one! I completely understand everything that she talks about in this book, but she brings to light new ways of looking at everything. I kept thinking "oh yeah, that really makes sense!" Within the many books I've read, I do know that I need to look within for love. I'm working on it, and it's good to know that I'm not the only one who has been through such horrible self-inflicted terror in life. I've waken up, but now I know I can wake up even more. Thank you Vironika.
on August 31, 2016
People respond in ways they are treated. This book has helped me become aware of the effect that I have on people, and it has me to become critical of myself in situations where it is important to think clearly for optimal outcome. Now I can have a conversation with my mom without ending in a fight or disagreement, but instead in understanding one another's behavior better.
on August 26, 2016
I really liked the book from the very beginning till the very last page.

It resonated with so many things in my life, but what it did more for me was to push me to take further action into getting into the love mindset.
I recommend this book to everyone, but I also encourage you to take action while reading or right after reading it.

Books like this might seem like a great story, but the action taken will give you the love and happiness you are after.
Take the challenge, do the work!
on January 19, 2018
This is the type of book I’d describe as, “a bit hippy-dippy;” some mildly far-out philosophies on how to keep and open mind and open heart to let love in. I found the ending to be particularly powerful and resonating in that it emphasizes the concept of moving the seed from a poisonous location. Far too often we allow ourselves to stay in a place that just reinforces negativity, debilitating our ability to grow and prosper- to find love. This book was helpful at keeping my mind at peace and outlined a way of thinking to keep the peace and light in my life.
on February 21, 2016
For some time I've wondered if I was approaching self love wrong and I was happy that Vironika confirmed this, my expectations towards this book were exceeded and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to make a long awaited change within themselves. The honesty of her experiences will make you feel raw as we are all straddled in some way between where we are and where we'd like to be. At first the price almost deterred me but I'm glad I didn't.
on February 24, 2018
Check out Benhito Massaro’s youtube if you are seeing this now, which you are. Yay! :-)
on November 14, 2016
Great book! I read a lot and I always try to find one nugget of value in everything I read. This book did not fail me. A wonderful new approach to healing and making the world a better place.Thanks Veronika!
on March 27, 2018
This has helped me so much. I have begun going through a revolution. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to heal.