Lyft Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 78 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 253 reviews
on March 25, 2017
Bought this CD as part of testing the differences between a "standard" CD, an "XRCD" (extended resolution CD) and an "SACD" (Super audio CD). I really like Diana Krall's work and I'm hoping that my test of the same material on three different media types will help me decide whether or not the cost difference is worth it or not.
on May 6, 2014
As a fan of DTS ( I bought a car that plays DTS so I've been on a tear hunting good quality mixes), an a fan of Diana Krall, I was excited for this album. I've owned this as a CD and thought it would be fantastic to be sitting right in the middle of the stage when these brilliant musicians are performing. I was wrong. I'm not sure who she had to the DTS mix, but she should ask for a significant refund. The mixer essentially delayed Ms. Krall's voice by half a second, and add some reverb, and played it through the rear speakers. There's no additional texture that one would expect from 5.1 separated channels. The bass and drums and piano are right there, in stereo, just as on the CD. The soundstage has not been expanded one inch, so I'm hard pressed to find the benefit to either us as her audience, or her as a performer. Save your money - you'd get the same experience from buying the MP3s.
on May 1, 2016
I have always enjoyed Diana style and voice. Love Scenes is not her best effort. It will put you to sleep. Seems like an "afterthought" album. My main complaint, however, is the distracting bass instrumentation in many of the selections. Certain bass notes are quite tinny. Their seems to be a resonance (reverb?) that occurs at a certain frequency. I have not heard that same situation in any other similar album.
on October 29, 2014
Main Street Records is the BEST. Quick turnaround on my order. Another outstanding collection by Ms Jazz, Diana Krall.
There are those on Amazon who do not appreciate the velvety voice and piano accompaniment of Ms Krall.
Ella "scats" too much, Diana Washington was never in the race and Sarah Vaughn is more "blues" than Jazz.
Diana can hold her own with anyone in the Jazz movement today. She makes me want to sit in a dark, smoky club (Like Smoky Joe's) with a good single malt and groove with her.
on April 17, 2017
excellent
on July 4, 2014
Reviewing the SACD version. Quality is top notch outstanding. This is my first Diana Krall album and reviewing the music would be more of a personal opinion. I picked this album up for the amazing cello work as much as I did Diana Krall. In all honesty, her style is still growing on me. The quality of the SACD is just outstanding. Very well mastered full range without loudness compression and vocals and instruments are captured perfectly.
on April 5, 2017
This SACD is excellent. Audiophile approved and will make your system shine.
on January 14, 2014
This is one of the best-sounding SACDs in my collection (which is admittedly less than 20 discs). The song choices are superb and "Peel Me a Grape" is a cheeky, swinging version with a great multichannel champagne cork "pop" sound effect in it. Also love her rendition of Sinatra standard "How Deep Is the Ocean".

I'd recommend to any SACD enthusiast for sound quality and performance, and any starry eyed romantics who want a disc to pop in for cuddling on the couch.
on June 9, 2015
Though not her very best disc (I'm one of the odd-man-out crowd who loves "Girl in the Other Room"), this is amongst her finest, and the SACD 5.1 channel mix is as tastefully done as Ms. Krall's arrangements and execution always are. (The SACD 5.1 channel mix of "Girl in the Other Room" is also just as tastefully done.) Highly recommended!
on July 9, 2012
This is a very high quality 5.1 SACD recording which I played via my oppo SACD/DVDA/CD/DVD player, Marantz SR6006 amplifier with two high quality Axiom MV80 speakers for the front speakers and two high quality Mission Speakers for the rear soundstage.

The music was impeccably performed and Krall's voice came through beautifully. For me, it was like actually listening to the live performance in an acoustically balanced studio without the distraction and unwanted sounds common with a live audience performance.

If you look this type of jazz performance, you will fully enjoy this disc.