Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 286 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 351 reviews
on February 18, 2014
I was hoping for more practical information on the Duggar parents child-rearing practices that do not relate specifically to their religious beliefs but their religious faith is so intertwined with their child-rearing that is not possible. However, I have picked up the importance of praising children for specific behaviors much more often than correcting them and have implemented this practice with my grandchildren with good results. I have found that I enjoy the grandchildren more and that the need for discipline (correction) is greatly reduced. Although I admire much that the Duggars stand for, I have major reservations about the manner in which they prepare their children for the future-evidently without college educations (there is no record that even attendance at Christian colleges is encouraged) or formal training that does not require a college degree. Lack of formal education will preclude their children from engaging in the professional careers (nurse, doctor, teacher, pastor, counselor, as well as many others) that truly serve a community. That said, it is refreshing to read about a family that does not engage in the disgusting culture that is commonly portrayed on TV and that has instead elevated family life to a much higher level.
on October 31, 2015
So now that everything is out with the Duggar Family, I am glad I waited to read this after the scandal b/c there are places where it does allude to it loosely.
I loved the family on t.v. and continue to love some of the family members. It was well written, and would recommend if you are a Duggar fan.
on April 11, 2013
I enjoy the Duggar's show and purchased their first book. However, I found this book to be even better then the show and the first book. Sometimes you just see an edited version of them with mostly highlights. It can make it seem like their life is easy and runs like a well oiled machine. It doesn't. They have been through much and have been willing to share that. What a wonderful gift! I am almost at the end and found this a really good combination of sharing their hardships, pointing to their faith as the only rock of salavation and peace in this world and tips and advice. No preaching, this is pure sharing.
Good bless my Brothers and Sisters in Christ!
on August 11, 2016
It was a great book. I love the Duggar's! People need to realize that they are a normal family and no family is perfect & all have trials along the way.
on April 3, 2017
Great book! Awesome deal. Got book for a penny! Can't beat that! Awesome condition, better than I expected! Looking for other books by the Duggars to read!
on April 26, 2013
I like the Duggars. I know they're a bit conservative and certainly unconventionally invested in welcoming more children "blessings" than most people ever would. But there is something that resonates in their faith-and-family lifestyle that is comforting and comfortable. This book is one look at their beliefs and gentle ways and is certainly a breath of fresh air after the violence, sex and drama that permeates most of our culture and lives, these days. Reading about the Duggars is like a time trip back into the early 1950's...when a handshake was enough to seal a deal, and being polite and respectful was the rule rather than the exception. Seeing how the Duggars manage their huge family, their ideals and their faith is a pleasant way to spend an hour or two.
on August 29, 2012
I am not sure why I picked up A Love That Multiplies by Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar. Up until Tuesday, when I caught a 19 Kids and Counting marathon on TLC, I've never watched the show before, nor read their previous books. But their philosophies on children and child-rearing and their faith intrigued me, so I picked this book up.

The book is not so much a memoir, as an up-close, conversational look at the Duggar family's daily life, and the events surrounding young Josie's birth. Topics range from managing the home and packing for trips, to homeschooling such a large group, to taking care of bad behavior from young ones at the first incident. Interspersed between each section and story is a favorite recipe, a list of snacks, or general home management tips.

They talk a lot about their faith, which is a very central part of their lives, and I can appreciate the way that it is really shaped their decisions as a family. Michelle and Jim Bob do not just say that children are a gift from the Lord, they live their lives as a testament to that as they arrange their days to teach their children and to spend time with them. Based on this book, it would appear that although the Duggar children may have some pretty strict rules on internet usage, and they may not own the latest and greatest gadgets, the Duggar children develop practical life skills and conflict resolutions skills from incredibly early age, making them more mature than their peers.

The writing was okay, more conversational in nature which doesn't always translate well to the page. There was also the assumption that the reader had both watched 19 Kids and Counting or read their previous book, as they made many references to the show, or referred to things they had shared in their previous book. While I can appreciate that they didn't want to bore readers with repeated information, it tended to make things feel choppy and incomplete.

Overall, I liked the book, and I really appreciate the Duggar family and their commitment to their faith. I would recommend the book to young parents, or to those looking to a non-traditional story of those choosing to live out their faith. I give A Love That Multiplies three stars.
on December 31, 2015
I liked their first book better. However, their testimony is amazing. I would recommend this book to others.
on May 20, 2017
AA++
on June 1, 2014
Once again the Duggars have written a wonderful book about their family and how they make it work. Thye shaer how their walk with God has been strengthened through the storms of their lives. We as Christians don't always live in the sunshine but we know where to go and who protects us in the storms and this they have reinforced in this book. as with all things they do some will hats and some will love. I am a lover and have watched this family on TV and have enjoyed watching them grow up so of course I have loved reading about them.