Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 8, 2000
I was so suprised by this book. A love story that is realistic because of the lover's imperfection. Love is not a stagent idea in this book. One sees both the pragmatism of rejected love and devotion to the idea of love. The characters are unpredictable and complex. The main love triange in the story is suported by the richness of supporting characters. The supporting characters take on short main story line roles. This book is about all the aspects and degree of love. Devotion,regection, love, lust, fidelity and infidelity are all mixed. The characters struggle with their relationship, which are fluid and unpredictable as life is. The only love story that is as realistic and challenges the reader as much is the Elornor Gehrigs My Luke and I. This is some of the best fiction that exist!
on January 12, 2017
What a powerful Love Story written by a man with such a command of the language it's astonishing and transformational. You find yourself in his world without question.
on January 31, 2016
Marquez is a brilliant writer and this is one of his best. Romantic, decadent, filled with surprises and charters that will wring your heart. A genius at the top of his game, it is a memorable read and one that will haunt you for years to come.
on June 28, 2015
I read and enjoyed this book many years ago, so much so that I had it added to my Kindle. I enjoyed reading it again, just as much as I did before.
Very enjoyable reading.
on August 30, 2015
Gabriel Garcia Marquez can spin a tale like few writers. His characters are many with a single thread to his rambling storyline. A remarkable author.
VINE VOICEon May 12, 2001
with a beautiful tale of love in South America at the turn of the century. All three of its main characters are succinctly drawn, and the reader can feel the process of aging and the changing of feelings and expectations as we proceed through the seasons of life. Minor characters that surround the love triangle are colorful and woven with great care into the story. Marquez must have known great loves and sustaining loves in his life to have captured all of its flavors here. With a truly satisfying ending, and historical reality threaded throughout the human experience, this is a great book of the 20th century. Read it as soon as you can; it is a treasure.
on May 14, 2015
Great story !! Beautifully written. This book was worth every penny.
I will treasure it in my library, and pass it to my children and grand children.
on March 15, 2015
One of the most beautifully written books in my collection. I am so sad Marquez is no longer with us. He left a great written legacy behind him. This book made me smile and blush constantly. It is definitely one of the best love stories I have read also.
on May 29, 2016
I can't imagine reviewing a Noble Prize winner...This book was great. The descriptions were wonderful and I feel the translator did a great job.
on July 13, 2015
I am amazed at how beautiful the language flows and how the characters continue to evolve with new experiences. I had no idea that this what the book was about, but kept hearing about the book from my friends. I really enjoyed the developed story line.