Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on February 10, 2004
In his golden years, Andy Griffith has bestowed a tremendous gift upon us in his "I Love To Tell The Story" collection. I've heard critics complain that he does not offer the slick polish of a young man's voice, but I wouldn't trade the sincere feeling and heart-touching depth Andy Griffith can put across for anything. There's a lifetime of warmth that resonates through his voice in these beautiful old songs. Creating such meaning with voice comes from time spent living. Listening makes me wish I'd grown up in his part of the south. This is my second of Andy's CD's, the first was The Christmas Guest (truly superb - a must have). I Love To Tell The Story arrived only a few days ago but has already logged many hours playing. If I had to choose favorites on this cd, (two of them tied for absolute favorite) they would be (1A) Precious Memories: gentle sweet and peaceful (1B) Sweet Prospect: both tenderly reverent and compelling; makes an excellent showcase for the gentle power of Andy's classical trained voice. (2) Softly and Tenderly: lovely, heartfelt and moving (3) How Great Thou Art: like listening to his sincere private conversation with his maker (4) Amazing Grace: stirring rendition. All together it is a beautiful collection, well executed, classically. This is not flash, this is substance. This will be in my collection always, played often.
on October 21, 2015
This is a wonderful CD, especially for someone like me who grew up in a Baptist church in the South, singing hyms. I feel like my grandmother is in the room with me when I listen to this.
on May 7, 2013
I love these songs, and I like Andy Griffith's understated and true rendition, most times. But here the accompaniment (primarily the piano) is too loud and it's hard to hear the words. Possibly the pianist is used to leading a congregation - it was that style of play - but it's surely wrong with a soloist. Another time I would look for the same songs from another singer.
on October 9, 2015
I am an Andy Griffith fan, and I bought the first one because of that. However, I bought the fourth one because I had given others away and couldn't find the first one. This is a good one, a really good one. Enjoy!
on November 23, 2017
Awesome CD, Highly recommend.
on June 28, 2016
It has many of the old time hymns that I grew up loving. It is done with beautiful arrangements in the Andy style. My husband and I love to sing along with this tape when travelling.. we used to have it in audio tape. Thank you amazon for making it available in cd.
on October 31, 2017
GREAT CD; GOOD PRICE.
on November 16, 2017
Love the music.
on May 12, 2016
Must have for anyone who likes old time Gospel music and hymns. Andy was great and is sorely missed.
on August 4, 2015
Love his gospel. Brings me to tears!