Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

Love You Forever
Format: Paperback|Change

on October 27, 2016
My mother has sang this to me many years ago: “I’ll love you forever. I’ll like you for always. As long as I’m living. My baby you’ll be.” Time went by but it didn’t take my memories away. I still remember that it always made my mother burst into tears. Now I have a baby and she regularly reads it at bedtime. If I was not a mother, I wouldn’t realize the deep love – No matter where you go, what you are doing, how you change, there is always one person who silently cares about you and pays close attention to your surroundings.
0Comment| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 7, 2016
I absolutely LOVE this book!!! I read it to my daughters when they were little. Then I made sure that each one had a copy. Now I have grand children and have bought a copy for each one, have a hard cover copy, and now a Kindle copy. I read this to the children before bedtime (nap or night time). It is a great story of enduring love, loving through good times and you-are-driving-me-crazy times, from infancy to the ends of our lifetime.

This book meant even more after reading on Robert Munsch's website: robertmunsch.com/book/love-you-forever

Love You Forever started as a song.

“I’ll love you forever,
I’ll like you for always,
as long as I’m living
my baby you’ll be.”

I made that up after my wife and I had two babies born dead. The song was my song to my dead babies. For a long time I had it in my head and I couldn’t even sing it because every time I tried to sing it I cried. It was very strange having a song in my head that I couldn’t sing.

After reading that, it just added to how much I love it. When I am with the grand children I will quote the song part to them. The youngest of the grand babies always replies, “My Granny be!” Just another heart-warming memory that stems from this wonderful book.
on July 13, 2016
This is one of my all-time favorite books.... And I finally got tattoos my parents like!
I asked my dad write "I'll love you forever" and my mom write "I'll love you for always" (some copies say like instead of love) had the phrases tattooed as a reminder that they'll always be with me.
review image
0Comment| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 22, 2017
This book will forever hold a dear place in my heart. My mother started out reading it to me when I was very young, and as I learned to read we began reading it together. I'm not a very emotional person, but I am a momma's boy. This story is so sweet and touching that to this very day, me and my mom sign our holiday and birthday cards to eachother with "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my (baby/mommy) you'll be".

Fast forward 20 years and I now have a daughter of my own who just turned 1. I'm hoping to be able to share that same connection with her, and bought the book again since I couldn't find the copy I used to have. Just to see if it was still as amazing as I remembered it being, I immediately read through it when I received it. Again, I'm not a very emotional person usually...but about 3/4 of the way through the book my voice began to break and I had to take pauses to wipe my eyes. It's still amazing, and always will be.
on August 20, 2016
I got this book not knowing anything about it. I have a 3 1/2 month old and I read to her every night so about every week or 2 I scroll through her Library list I made for her and will purchase a few books at a time. I got this and read it to her that night- wow! I cried when I read it and now say it to her every night before I put her to bed. I still teary-eyed thinking of these beautiful words and story. I hope this becomes a family tradition and gets passed down to her children and so on. I also got this for a friend who is expecting her first baby so I hope to share the beauty of this book. An absolute favorite in my girl's library!
review image
on June 14, 2016
This by far my FAVORITE book to read my little one! Every time i read it i cry! I bought this copy for my best friend for her baby shower because I really wanted to get her something that there would be a very slight chance that someone else would buy her. This was perfect! ! I highly recommend this item!

I received this item promptly (in 2 days) as promised by Amazon! I love being a member to Amazon Prime!
on February 13, 2018
Love this book! I was given a copy of this book when both my children were born and it brought me to tears, in a good way because we all would do anything for our kids. My kids are in their 20's now and I still think about this book when ever someone has a baby. My nephews' wife is having a baby soon and this is going to be one of the shower gifts--I'm sure she'll love it as much as I do. I first found out about this book in church, our priest read it to the parishioners every Mother's Day and the tears would flow...
on December 21, 2016
I have loved this book all my life. I remember my mother reading it to me as a child. Honestly, I think I can recite it word for word. Such a great story. It does make me cry from time to time. Kind of like the giving tree. I highly recommend reading this book to your child. It promotes good values, love, and its not too long. Perfect for a story at bed time.
on February 9, 2014
After hearing a few friends post about this book I figured you know what I do believe I have to buy this and add it to my collection and I am so glad I did. This is one book that I plan on reading to my children as part of our bedtime reading ritual. It is one of those books that being a parent it touches your heart. You watch your baby grow from someone little to someone big and yet they are still your baby forever. And the way mom says "This kid is driving me crazy" yep I can totally relate but there is nothing I wouldn't change about that.
The repeating of I love you forever
I'll like you for always
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be.
That saying says so much. I choked up when the son went to see his mom and finished off the saying when she couldn't say it.

The only true weirdness I had with the book is
1. The mom is crawling into her son's room why not walk?
2. Why is the mom using a ladder to crawl into her grown son's window just seems a bit weird for me.
I do like the concept with this book and I recommend it as a great bedtime read.
on February 24, 2016
I have no clue what happened to my copy from my childhood, but the moment I found out I was having a baby I knew I needed a new copy. This book will forever be in my heart and is the sweetest thing to say no matter the situation. "I love you forever, I like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be. " these words will stay with me and my daughter and mother forever, I say it every night.

I must admit I got 2 copies just in case something happened to one. I do know the authors intent upon writing this but it fits the needs of the family and child.