Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 4,184 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,784 reviews
on October 27, 2016
My mother has sang this to me many years ago: “I’ll love you forever. I’ll like you for always. As long as I’m living. My baby you’ll be.” Time went by but it didn’t take my memories away. I still remember that it always made my mother burst into tears. Now I have a baby and she regularly reads it at bedtime. If I was not a mother, I wouldn’t realize the deep love – No matter where you go, what you are doing, how you change, there is always one person who silently cares about you and pays close attention to your surroundings.
on March 24, 2017
My gerontology professor in graduate school read Love You Forever to our class one evening. My tears started to flow. Listening to this charming and lovely story was a very emotional experience. A memorable experience that remains with me. This morning, a friend on social media asked for assistance in recommending favorite books for children. Immediately my thoughts went to Love You Forever. The truth is, this book is highly recommended reading for babies, young children, tweens, teens and adults of all ages. It is one of the most beautiful, sentimental, and empathetic written books of all time.

I discovered myself and my mother in each word. It was as though the author knew my personal story. It's a universal story, reaching across all cultures, ethnicities, ages and genders.

A mother held her new baby and v
very slowly rocked him back and forth,
And while she held him, she sang:

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

On the last day of class my gerontology professor gave each student a copy of Love You Ever. It has a cherished place in my home library.

The great news is Love You Forever can be purchased on Amazon.
on January 21, 2016
This is a beautiful book. It's hard to read without crying in front of my 15 month old daughter, as she has an older brother who passed away at birth, and I have heard the true story behind this book is that it was originally written as a song for the two still born babies of the author, who couldn't bear to sing it anymore after they died, but ended out turning it into a book. Anyone who thinks it's "creepy", well I feel bad for you. No matter what age my children are, they will always be my "babies" in my heart, and that's really the main message of this very touching story. Truly beautiful and sad in a wonderful and very real way. A great way to teach young (and older!) children that they will always be loved forever.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 23, 2017
The first time I've heard about this book was in the TV show "Friends" when Joey read it on Emma's 1st birthday and decided that then I will have my own baby, I'll buy this book.

More than 10 years had passed from that moment and my daughter arrived in this world. When I was buying her her first book, you can guess what was my choice.

I'm a very sensitive person, so every single time I read this book - I cry. I didn't like pictures as much as a rhyme, but still I enjoy reading this book to my daughter.
on July 22, 2015
The 5 stars is for the original book. The kindle edition only deserves 3. The pagination is off, so the text for the first spread shows up by itself, then the picture from the first spread displays with the text from the second spread, etc. The file should be updated to fix this issue, and those who have already purchased it should get the new version automatically.
on April 29, 2016
Love you forever, is a very heart warming and tearful book about a mother and her unconditional love for her son, this book goes from when the child is just a baby boy and the lullaby his mom sang to him " I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I am living, my baby you'll be" the book goes on to where he is two (2) years old and in his terrible two's by him flushing his moms watch down the toilet, but at night she would creep into his room by crawling to his bed to see if he was really asleep and if he was she would rock him and sing the lullaby to him.
Then it goes to where he's around eight (8) years old and not wanting to come home for dinner and how he had a potty mouth when his grandmother came over and how stressful that was on her, however when it was late at night she would open his door and crawl to his bed and peek over it and if that boy was really asleep she would rock him and sing the lullaby.
Then hes a teenager and has weird friends and weird clothes and listens to even weirder music and she felt like she was living in a zoo, however late at night she would repeat her nightly routine of seeing if he was asleep and singing him his lullaby, then it goes on to where he moves out into his own home, and there is some nights where she would drive across town with a ladder and sneak into his bedroom window and check to see if that great big boy was really asleep and if he was she would pick him up and rock him while singing, " I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, and as long as I am living my baby you will be."
Well that mom grew older and older as well, and one day she calls her son up on the phone telling him she was old and sick to come see her, he goes to her home and when she greets him she tries to sing the lullaby to him, however she cant remember the words to the song, so he holds his mother and rocks her back and forth and sings to her, " I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always and as long as I am living, my mommy you will be." ( here I take it after he did that she passes on because of what happens next) then he goes home, he walks upstairs and stops at the top of the stairs for a while, then he goes into a bedroom where his newborn daughter is fast asleep and he picks her up and rocks her back and forth and sings the exact same lullaby to his daughter as his own mother sang to him.
This book came out when I was very young and I love it now as much as I did back then, but this book makes me cry now, I fully believe that the moral of this story is to not take life for granted, to enjoy and remember the smallest things as well as the big, that a parent's love will and always should be unconditional, that our time here on Earth isn't promised it's truly a gift that should be cherished.
Now every night I tell my kids that same lullaby but instead of baby I put their name in it so it will be more special to them.
Thank you for taking the time to read my review and I truly hope it has helped you some, God bless
on January 9, 2017
This book touched my heart. I have never read such an amazing book for children relating to Love and the cycle of life between a mother and her son. I laughed I cried and I loved it over and over again. Mr. Munsch you are the best sir, thank you! Donna Brino-Blackwell
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 29, 2009
To read this book too literally is to do it an injustice. Some people have told me that the mother in this book is too protective, checks up on her son too much, etc. But read this to a child, even a very young child, and they understand that much of the description in this book is mythical, allegorical - all but the deep, enduring love of mother and child.

As more and more mothers live longer lives and as some of them succumb to disease and require caretaking by THEIR childen in later years, I think this book has special relevance. It has always been a family favorite, speaking not just of loving someone but of the importance of liking them as well - and how the two things can be distinct, especially when a child is going through an annoying phase.

The book pulls no punches about that, as I think the cover illustration reveals. Babies can make messes and teenagers can be frustrating. Any sentimentality is balanced by those realities described by the author. This is why I can hardly get to the end of this book without crying. It is about more than "love" but about the kind of commitment and enduring loyalty that endures when growth, change and aging occur. It is about life cycles.

To say the words, Love You Forever, is just one facet of love. The author has revealed what really goes into fulfilling true love. I'd recommend The Velveteen Rabbit or another book which mixes fantasy with profound truths about love. I'm facing the loss of a parent and books like these have been as helpful to me as any I've read about grief and bereavement.
on November 23, 2016
My favorite read aloud for young kids. I read this to my babies. I have never been able to get through it without choking up. My first copy got ripped from too much love. I bought a second copy so I could keep reading it to my older kidlets. Even that one is pretty beat up now.

I just bought a new copy for my Grand daughter for her first Christmas. It resonates. We need to tell each other more often "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always." No matter what.
on December 3, 2015
I have this book and we loved it! So I ordered it from Amazon for a baby shower gift. But was very surprised when I opened my package to find this miniature hardcover version. It's about 9"x9". The book I read to my children was larger probably 12"x12" or bigger. I do like this small size, I feel it's actually a good size for reading to small children but what I don't like is the cost. For $12-14 I was expecting the bigger book. I had no idea it was this small, had I known... I wouldn't have paid that much for it. I would have ordered the paper back version. I didn't read any reviews or look up dimensions before purchasing, lesson learned.