Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 4,326 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,958 reviews
on October 27, 2016
My mother has sang this to me many years ago: “I’ll love you forever. I’ll like you for always. As long as I’m living. My baby you’ll be.” Time went by but it didn’t take my memories away. I still remember that it always made my mother burst into tears. Now I have a baby and she regularly reads it at bedtime. If I was not a mother, I wouldn’t realize the deep love – No matter where you go, what you are doing, how you change, there is always one person who silently cares about you and pays close attention to your surroundings.
on December 3, 2015
I have this book and we loved it! So I ordered it from Amazon for a baby shower gift. But was very surprised when I opened my package to find this miniature hardcover version. It's about 9"x9". The book I read to my children was larger probably 12"x12" or bigger. I do like this small size, I feel it's actually a good size for reading to small children but what I don't like is the cost. For $12-14 I was expecting the bigger book. I had no idea it was this small, had I known... I wouldn't have paid that much for it. I would have ordered the paper back version. I didn't read any reviews or look up dimensions before purchasing, lesson learned.
on August 17, 2016
I bought this as a gift for one of my friends because she had never heard of Love You Forever. My mom reading this book to me is one of my fondest childhood memories, even though I only vaguely understood the significance of the story when I was little. I remember the day in elementary school when I half-heartedly picked up that same dog-eared copy to read to my little sister… and broke down in tears as the full scale of the story hit me. It is the very first book to make me cry and did so before any movie or television show could, sealing my love for literature. Now I am a Chicken Soup for the Soul author and read this book to my own children. Love You Forever is the rare story that transcends generations and is the perfect gift for grandparents, parents and children. Highly recommended.
on July 9, 2017
I cannot believe anyone would give this classic anything but 4/5 stars. This book was read to me in 3rd grade and it always stuck with me. I knew it was special even then. I have giving it as baby shower gifts to several friends and knew one day I would purchase one for myself to read to my child which I did from amazon. I cried the first few times I read it to my son and still tear up some each time. Especially now that I understand both sides of the story. A must buy for any new parent.

As far as the negative reviews, I think it is because so much of it is relatable emotionally, that when it comes to the exaggerated part some may that it too literally, but aren't most children's book exaggerations? I think so.
on July 4, 2017
People who give this book a bad review just don't get "Love You Forever". Yes, the mother does some strange things - it's a children's book, the world of talking giraffes and flying cacti. Nobody's reading like a lifestyle manual or an autobiography. The silly things are meant to be unbelievable and gasp-worthy. They're meant to be things we might even have considered doing in our craziest moments. And as for the kid making mess and driving her crazy but she still "loves him forever", is that not exactly how we feel about our kids? I would have thought unconditional parental love would be a very important lesson to teach children. Nowhere is she saying she enjoys or condones the behaviour, in fact her son at some points drove her mad, but she always loved him. Which is how it should be. This is a wonderful story that I, as a mother of a son, did find very emotional. It made me think of all the little rituals my son and I share. The role replacement aspect is very powerful too. I bought this for my son for his first birthday and loved reading it to him. It's a very welcome addition to his little library and I would recommend it to all parents and children of any ages.
on February 9, 2014
After hearing a few friends post about this book I figured you know what I do believe I have to buy this and add it to my collection and I am so glad I did. This is one book that I plan on reading to my children as part of our bedtime reading ritual. It is one of those books that being a parent it touches your heart. You watch your baby grow from someone little to someone big and yet they are still your baby forever. And the way mom says "This kid is driving me crazy" yep I can totally relate but there is nothing I wouldn't change about that.
The repeating of I love you forever
I'll like you for always
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be.
That saying says so much. I choked up when the son went to see his mom and finished off the saying when she couldn't say it.

The only true weirdness I had with the book is
1. The mom is crawling into her son's room why not walk?
2. Why is the mom using a ladder to crawl into her grown son's window just seems a bit weird for me.
I do like the concept with this book and I recommend it as a great bedtime read.
on July 22, 2015
The 5 stars is for the original book. The kindle edition only deserves 3. The pagination is off, so the text for the first spread shows up by itself, then the picture from the first spread displays with the text from the second spread, etc. The file should be updated to fix this issue, and those who have already purchased it should get the new version automatically.
review image
on August 20, 2016
I got this book not knowing anything about it. I have a 3 1/2 month old and I read to her every night so about every week or 2 I scroll through her Library list I made for her and will purchase a few books at a time. I got this and read it to her that night- wow! I cried when I read it and now say it to her every night before I put her to bed. I still teary-eyed thinking of these beautiful words and story. I hope this becomes a family tradition and gets passed down to her children and so on. I also got this for a friend who is expecting her first baby so I hope to share the beauty of this book. An absolute favorite in my girl's library!
review image
on June 26, 2016
Prior to reading about the author & the story behind the book,I had not heard of it. My sons are older & did read many of the Muster Men & Frog & Toad books & a favorite was Harold & the Purple Crayon. As a family growing up. we were all readers & both of my sons were early readers. This particular book made me cry. I am much. much older now but also lost little babies through miscarriages. I had a son who was named David long before he entered this world. This was more than 40 years ago & at that time & in that place, i delivered him much earlier than expected & was alone in my bed when the contractions began & delivered him on my own & he was not born alive. The nurse came in & took him from me but would not let me see his face. It was a different time but i did mourn him. This book absolutely made me cry but i still could relate to the images presented i.e. having my older son take all of the books from the shelf, or tearing photos out of an album or giving Ernie a bath in the toilet which then overflowed when he flushed it.. There is joy & yet such sadness in this book. It kinda broke my heart again & brought my little David back to life. Yet, i do realize that i may not have my older son if David had been born alive.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2016
I absolutely LOVE this book!!! I read it to my daughters when they were little. Then I made sure that each one had a copy. Now I have grand children and have bought a copy for each one, have a hard cover copy, and now a Kindle copy. I read this to the children before bedtime (nap or night time). It is a great story of enduring love, loving through good times and you-are-driving-me-crazy times, from infancy to the ends of our lifetime.

This book meant even more after reading on Robert Munsch's website: robertmunsch.com/book/love-you-forever

Love You Forever started as a song.

“I’ll love you forever,
I’ll like you for always,
as long as I’m living
my baby you’ll be.”

I made that up after my wife and I had two babies born dead. The song was my song to my dead babies. For a long time I had it in my head and I couldn’t even sing it because every time I tried to sing it I cried. It was very strange having a song in my head that I couldn’t sing.

After reading that, it just added to how much I love it. When I am with the grand children I will quote the song part to them. The youngest of the grand babies always replies, “My Granny be!” Just another heart-warming memory that stems from this wonderful book.