Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 4,242 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,854 reviews
on October 27, 2016
My mother has sang this to me many years ago: “I’ll love you forever. I’ll like you for always. As long as I’m living. My baby you’ll be.” Time went by but it didn’t take my memories away. I still remember that it always made my mother burst into tears. Now I have a baby and she regularly reads it at bedtime. If I was not a mother, I wouldn’t realize the deep love – No matter where you go, what you are doing, how you change, there is always one person who silently cares about you and pays close attention to your surroundings.
on March 24, 2017
My gerontology professor in graduate school read Love You Forever to our class one evening. My tears started to flow. Listening to this charming and lovely story was a very emotional experience. A memorable experience that remains with me. This morning, a friend on social media asked for assistance in recommending favorite books for children. Immediately my thoughts went to Love You Forever. The truth is, this book is highly recommended reading for babies, young children, tweens, teens and adults of all ages. It is one of the most beautiful, sentimental, and empathetic written books of all time.

I discovered myself and my mother in each word. It was as though the author knew my personal story. It's a universal story, reaching across all cultures, ethnicities, ages and genders.

A mother held her new baby and v
very slowly rocked him back and forth,
And while she held him, she sang:

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

On the last day of class my gerontology professor gave each student a copy of Love You Ever. It has a cherished place in my home library.

The great news is Love You Forever can be purchased on Amazon.
review image
on August 17, 2016
I bought this as a gift for one of my friends because she had never heard of Love You Forever. My mom reading this book to me is one of my fondest childhood memories, even though I only vaguely understood the significance of the story when I was little. I remember the day in elementary school when I half-heartedly picked up that same dog-eared copy to read to my little sister… and broke down in tears as the full scale of the story hit me. It is the very first book to make me cry and did so before any movie or television show could, sealing my love for literature. Now I am a Chicken Soup for the Soul author and read this book to my own children. Love You Forever is the rare story that transcends generations and is the perfect gift for grandparents, parents and children. Highly recommended.
on November 19, 2015
Nice read, more meaningful to parents than would be to young kids. This might be a book that kids look back on as they grow older, understanding the depth of its meaning more as the years go by. The tiny little poem that is repeated in the book stays with young kids when read in an appropriate tune. My kids say, "I love you forever...." multiple times in a day since we started reading this book.
on December 3, 2015
I have this book and we loved it! So I ordered it from Amazon for a baby shower gift. But was very surprised when I opened my package to find this miniature hardcover version. It's about 9"x9". The book I read to my children was larger probably 12"x12" or bigger. I do like this small size, I feel it's actually a good size for reading to small children but what I don't like is the cost. For $12-14 I was expecting the bigger book. I had no idea it was this small, had I known... I wouldn't have paid that much for it. I would have ordered the paper back version. I didn't read any reviews or look up dimensions before purchasing, lesson learned.
on May 16, 2017
I bought this based on the reviews and I think that the story is nice to an extent. It's sweet, I just have a hard time thinking of what age this would be best suited for based on the ending with the boy becoming a Man and in turn taking care of his Mom but holding her in a rocking chair. I like the idea, I just think the imagery is odd, personally. But this is coming from the mother of a 2 year old. Maybe it's better suited for an older child?
on June 26, 2016
Prior to reading about the author & the story behind the book,I had not heard of it. My sons are older & did read many of the Muster Men & Frog & Toad books & a favorite was Harold & the Purple Crayon. As a family growing up. we were all readers & both of my sons were early readers. This particular book made me cry. I am much. much older now but also lost little babies through miscarriages. I had a son who was named David long before he entered this world. This was more than 40 years ago & at that time & in that place, i delivered him much earlier than expected & was alone in my bed when the contractions began & delivered him on my own & he was not born alive. The nurse came in & took him from me but would not let me see his face. It was a different time but i did mourn him. This book absolutely made me cry but i still could relate to the images presented i.e. having my older son take all of the books from the shelf, or tearing photos out of an album or giving Ernie a bath in the toilet which then overflowed when he flushed it.. There is joy & yet such sadness in this book. It kinda broke my heart again & brought my little David back to life. Yet, i do realize that i may not have my older son if David had been born alive.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2016
I absolutely LOVE this book!!! I read it to my daughters when they were little. Then I made sure that each one had a copy. Now I have grand children and have bought a copy for each one, have a hard cover copy, and now a Kindle copy. I read this to the children before bedtime (nap or night time). It is a great story of enduring love, loving through good times and you-are-driving-me-crazy times, from infancy to the ends of our lifetime.

This book meant even more after reading on Robert Munsch's website: robertmunsch.com/book/love-you-forever

Love You Forever started as a song.

“I’ll love you forever,
I’ll like you for always,
as long as I’m living
my baby you’ll be.”

I made that up after my wife and I had two babies born dead. The song was my song to my dead babies. For a long time I had it in my head and I couldn’t even sing it because every time I tried to sing it I cried. It was very strange having a song in my head that I couldn’t sing.

After reading that, it just added to how much I love it. When I am with the grand children I will quote the song part to them. The youngest of the grand babies always replies, “My Granny be!” Just another heart-warming memory that stems from this wonderful book.
on April 22, 2017
Great book one of my favorites
on August 20, 2016
I got this book not knowing anything about it. I have a 3 1/2 month old and I read to her every night so about every week or 2 I scroll through her Library list I made for her and will purchase a few books at a time. I got this and read it to her that night- wow! I cried when I read it and now say it to her every night before I put her to bed. I still teary-eyed thinking of these beautiful words and story. I hope this becomes a family tradition and gets passed down to her children and so on. I also got this for a friend who is expecting her first baby so I hope to share the beauty of this book. An absolute favorite in my girl's library!
review image